Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Re: Home Speaker 500 not connecting to app

I already wrote (many times) - the reason I am still keeping bose 500 because of good sound (I am professional musician) and primarily I bought it very cheap (lots of discounts). Also, I wrote that I just hate it because I spent lots of my time and my health trying to find out the solution for good connectivity. Also, I changed 3-4 tjos items. The same result. No one worked properly. I wrote many times to Bose team, but back I only heard:  -  I am so sorry, we apologize, etc. Better if Bose wrote  - we are not good company or don't respect our customers, etc. But for someones who want to keep this product let me give you advice how to resume connectivity very fast. It will take only 12-15 seconds. Push two knobs for 5 seconds (look at display) Bluetooth and Play, after it will be disconnected from Wi-Fi in a second you can push again the same knobs for 5 seconds to connect back to Internet. Now I am very experienced guy and it takes only 12 seconds for me. Good luck. Save your health and time! The last - I fully disappointed with Bose. I hear their headphones and as a professional musician and composer I don't like them for very simple reason - I can not hear many instruments listening to orchestras.      

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Hi,

Any new updates on this? I have the same connectivity issues. I've been on phone with Bose helpline multiple times and did every single thing they suggested. I also sent my speakers to their service station to have it checked but the problem persisted. I finally got a replacement speaker and the **bleep** thing doesnt show up in the app!!

Highlighted

Hello s09s,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with connecting your speaker to the Bose Music app. 

Can you please inform me on the troubleshooting you have already attempted?

Can you also inform me on what device you are running the Bose Music application on, and its software version. 

We would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Hi,

I use latest version of the Bose app and iOS 13 on an iphone 6s. Like I said before I have done every single troubleshooting measure your help center suggests - rebooting speakers, resetting speakers, rebooting router, reinstalling app and even wifi settings! I have also tried it at a friends place without ANY luck. I have a 4 day old replacement speaker (brand new) and it has the same issue. HOW!?

Highlighted

Hello s09s,

Thanks for confirming this information for us. 

Can you please test connecting to your speaker with a non iOS 13 device?

I would also recommend that you ensure that your Bluetooth settings are correct, with iOS 13 if your Bluetooth Sharing is not 'On' this will not allow a connection. To alter this setting please follow these instructions.

• Go to settings > scroll down to your list of apps > select Bose Music > toggle Bluetooth Sharing on
    or
  • Go to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth > toggle Bose Music ON

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

I am afraid I don't have a non iOS device to test it on. And yes, I have the bluetooth setting on for the Bose music app.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello s09s,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I understand that you have already tried a lot of great troubleshooting, there is one more step we can try. I recommend that you update your Home Speaker 500, you can do this by following the steps below. You should also delete and re-download the Bose Music app again after resetting the speaker.

To install a Bose system update, follow the instructions on this support page HERE.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Hi,

Isn't this update same as the one through the Bose music app? Like I said earlier, I got a "new" speaker just last week and the speaker updated to the latest software when I was setting it up. NOTHING has changed!

Highlighted

Hi s09s, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

Yes this is, thanks for letting us know this. As we have attempted all troubleshooting that we would suggest for an issue like this, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that we weren't able to resolve this for you via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Its a circle. Customer service couldn't help me and that's why I came here and now your suggestion is to go back to them. How is this of any help! How can you sell a smart speaker and not see the obvious issue with your app / software??