sadtomatogirl
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

home speaker 500 - product "not available" though connected to phone

I just got my new bose. It's been updated, after a few unplug/plug issues. My Bluetooth is working and music is playling on the bose from my phone. I have also set up identical wi-fi settings on phone and bose. However, it is listing my product in the My Bose area of the bose music app as Not Available. I have successfully re-installed the speaker twice as a product, named it Bedroom, opted not to share it, and it's successfully listed as a product. But the app is continually searching and not finding it, saying "Not available." This means I can't set up anything else. I don't want to unplug / reset / delete everything multiple times again and again. Is there something I'm missing? I have no interfering electronics, and my phone is right by the speaker. Thanks.

Kristin

s09s
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Re: home speaker 500 - product "not available" though connected to phone

I have the exact same issue and looks like many other do too. While Bose customer service has been parroting useless procedures, someone in this forum suggested a way around (or should I say sort of way around). Press your speaker's bluetooth+play button for 5 seconds to turn off the wifi and then press the same combo again for 5 seconds. This resets the wifi and the speaker shows up in the Bose app.

This is as best as it can for now. Hopefully Bose has been pushing the ball around for the last few months now but hopefully does something fast.

Good luck (and enjoy the sound - its great)!

Coopecs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: home speaker 500 - product "not available" though connected to phone

I’m having exactly the same issue and I have tried it on two completely separate networks / routers. i work in IT and know my way around a router but this issue is clearly an app / speaker hardware issue. I don’t have any other issues with devices on my networks. When I read this forum I was extremely disappointed that this has been a known issue for so long and a company of Bose reputation and standing have not taken more positive steps to resolve this by now. 

I love the amazing sound from this speaker and fortunately I mostly use it with Amazon music through Alexa or Bluetooth to my phone but I am disappointed I can’t make better use of the utterly useless Bose app. 

Come on Bose!! Get a grip and sort this out!!!

Shirner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Re: Home Speaker 500 not connecting to app

Hi,

What ports are you using?

I have the same issue. Huawei honor 9 trying to reach to my bose 700 via tplink. Wireless. Cable is not an option. Cant connect. Adding soundbar was a nightmare as only after third replug to tv i was able to pair it with the ap, but now as i was to enter it, it constantly repeats 'not available". What is more it was updating earlier but it was doing so for an hour where i have 100 mb so no hell it could take that long.

Again: what ports on router should i unlock for this? =/ overall setup is dramaticaly poor experience

Hi Shirner,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you are experiencing some connectivity issues with your Soundbar. 

Do you have a dual-band router? From personal experience, I have found that my device will generally be on the wrong band when this happens. 

Here are some recommended router settings which I encourage you to match to your own as close as possible.

• UPnP - Enable
  • Multicast - Enable
  • IGMP - Enable
  • Wireless Isolation - Disable
  • IGMP Proxy - Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode - Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS - Disable
  • Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.
  • Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.
  • WMM – Disable.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

s09s
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Hi,

Not sure about the ports honestly. But like I mentioned earlier, its been months and NOTHING has changed. Easiest way out is to to press Bluetooth+Play/Pause buttons for 5 seconds to deactivate wifi and then repeating the process to enable wifi. Not sure if this will work for soundbars. The customer service has been horrible to say the least. Maybe post your question on Amazon (under customer reviews) since more people will see there? And also Reddit? 

Shirner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

I have all the options exactly as listed below but still cannot connect via wifi

Ridiculous is that my phone is paired with soundbar I have added it to my account via BlueTooth but can see it via wifi...

I was able to bypass it by temporary connecting Soundbar to the router with a LAN cable.

Seems for each setup I will have to perform such action.. uh 😞

s09s
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

My two cents will be to get your money back if you're still in the return window and wait for Bose's software development team to wake up from their deep slumber some day. Its insane that a company which makes such good sound cant fix something this simple!

Wisnuwiguna2011@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I have same problem

Hey Wisnuwiguna2011, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are also experiencing this issue and would love to assist further. 

Let's start with attempting all of the steps that are listed in this thread above as there are some great troubleshooting steps, if you already have attempted them and for some reason the issue still occurs then  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind regards, 

Hector B