Highlighted
BoseHomeSpeaker500
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Home Speaker 500 popping sound

I keep hearing a popping noise when I play music on my Bose speaker. It’s woreless so it’s not a wire connection issue. WiFi is strong and no issues on other devices. Anyone have any idea how to fix this. App is updated and all software is most recent version. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Home Speaker 500 popping sound

Hello!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some audio quality issues with your Home Speaker 500. 

When you say you do not have issues on other devices, do you mean other devices connected to this speaker or with other speakers? If you haven't already, could you please test connected different devices to your Home Speaker 500 and let me know if the issue persists.

Additionally, how are you connecting to the speaker? Wi-Fi connected through the Bose Music app, Spotify Connect, AirPlay 2, Bluetooth etc?

I would first recommend performing a reset on the speaker. To do this, turn off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds.

Get back to me with your responses and let me know if the reset showed any signs of improvement. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

emanith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

im facing this problem with all types of connections wifi, bluetooth etc.  Also done the power related step but no help.

Below are version details

Firmware: 5.0.11

App: 2.3.2

Hello Emanith, 

Thanks for reaching out today. I am sorry that you are having issues with your HomeSpeaker 500 popping. 

As your firmware is up to date and you have tried resetting the speaker, I would like to try a factory reset of the speaker. 

This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state. Once reset, open the Bose Music app to reconfigure your product.

To restore the factory default settings:

1. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds to reset the product.

If Alexa has been added:

1. Open the the Amazon Alexa app and view the list smart devices associated with your Amazon account.
  2. From the list, remove any instances of the Bose product you want to reset.
  3. If you do not plan to use other Bose products with your Amazon account after the reset, view the installed Skills in the Alexa app and remove the Bose skill.
  4. Open the Bose Music app and remove Alexa from your Bose account.
  5. Remove the product from your Bose account. 
  6. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds to reset the product.

If the Google Assistant has been added:

1. Open the Bose Music app and remove the Google Assistant from your Bose account.
  2. Remove the product from your Bose account. 
  3. On the top of your product, simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds. The product reboots and, when complete, the light bar on the front glows solid amber.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

emanith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Hi Vicky_W

I tried doing that but did not help either. I have tried all steps mentioned on this forum but they did not help. Additionally i just tried a manual update mentioned on bose product support page thinking i might not have the latest firmware but it did not help either. I just dont understand what bose is doing? This product was fine 2 days ago and then suddenly just when i had to show it off to a friend.. Poof.. The sound started rattling. Really its a shame $600 is no joke. What is the solution to this??? 

Hello Emanith. 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W