averet
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

Home Speaker 500 reliability

Hello,

My speaker isnt stable, music stop playing from times to times, the speaker loose Wifi, Bose Music cannot connect to the speaker, ... So a lot of troubles, please help.

firmware : 5.0.11-8128

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Home Speaker 500 reliability

Author Accepted Answer selected by averet

Hi averet, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

This update has just been released in your region and would highly recommend that you perform the steps above again to update your speaker. You can attempt to force the update to the speaker by pressing and holding the Volume - and Bluetooth buttons for 10 seconds until the screen indicates the update is starting. 

If you can't see this update immediately please allow up to 24 hours to receive this update. 

Please do let us know how you get on with these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi averet, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today via the Bose Community. I am sorry to see that you are having a few issues with your Home Speaker 500 and would love to assist you with this! 

So that I can assist you further I have a few questions that will allow me to have a little more understanding about your issue:

• What devices are you connecting to the Home Speaker 500?
  • Has this always been an issue that you experienced or only recently? 
  • Have you attempted any troubleshooting so far? 
  • Do you use any Wifi Boosters, extenders or repeaters? 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to the answers to my questions and if any other users are experiencing an issue like this please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

averet
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

Hello

I only connect my iphone 7 to the speaker for playing music with bluetooth when the Wifi isnt working.

Its an issue since 3 or 4 month probably, but nothing changed around the speaker.

When its not working i reboot the speaker and/or the Wifi router. I am not using any Wifi extender.

Thanks

Hi averet, 

Thanks for posting and providing me with this information. 

Could you please test another device with the speaker and use the Bose Music App to see if the connection is still unreliable? I would also like for you to check the strength of Wi-Fi that the speaker is receiving by opening the Bose Music App and selecting the Home Speaker 500 > Settings > Technical Info > Wi-Fi strength.

Another great step would be to ensure that you don't have Wi-Fi assist enabled inside your iPhone's settings by going into settings > Mobile Data > Wi-Fi Assist and ensure that this is disabled as this can affect the connection. Please also attempt to move the speaker closer to the Wi-Fi router to ensure that there is no wireless interference that can be causing any dropouts of audio.

I look forward to hearing back from you and if any other community members have had and resolved a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

averet
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

Hello,

Here is the Wifi Strengh : Excellent -63 dBm
I disabled the Wifi assist on my iPhone.

The speaker still need to reboot from time to time, even if i only use it with TuneIn

An other firmware to try ?

Regards

Hi averet, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists after attempting the steps above. 

In regards to the firmware, we recently released an update which is version V6.0.10, if your speaker hasn't already updated to this then please do update the speaker manually via the steps that are listed here.

I look forward to hearing back from you in regards to these steps! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

averet
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

I achieved all steps, my speaker has restarted but the firmware version is still 5.0.11

Is there some limitation by country ? I am located in Morocco.

PS : the product_update.zip downloaded was released the 08/09/2019. Is it the right release date for the 6.0.10 ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by averet

Hi averet, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

This update has just been released in your region and would highly recommend that you perform the steps above again to update your speaker. You can attempt to force the update to the speaker by pressing and holding the Volume - and Bluetooth buttons for 10 seconds until the screen indicates the update is starting. 

If you can't see this update immediately please allow up to 24 hours to receive this update. 

Please do let us know how you get on with these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

averet
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

Hello,

The firmware was updated with your last advice, and the speaker is more stable since the upgrade.

Thanks