Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Home Speaker Sleep Timer Function

I purchased a home speaker 450 after noticing claims it had a sleep timer. I cannot figure out how to set the device such that after a given amount of time playing it will turn off. I can do this with the Alexa integration but I really want to have this as a baseline function whenever I use the device without having to issue that Command from Alexa.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Home Speaker Sleep Timer Function

Hello Mr Hudson,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. We would love to assist you with this matter.

You are able to set a timer of your Home Speaker 450 via the Bose Music App. If you visit your products device settings, you will find a timer setting where you can select when you would like your speaker to turn off. Please note this sleep timer only applies once the music has stopped playing, this will not turn off your speaker whilst streaming. 

If you have any further questions, please let us know! 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

I bought a Portable Home speaker, I set a sleep timer, but the google only set a timer for me .      Even though it said will stop sometimes, it dose not work still.    

Screenshot_20200323-110515.jpg

Highlighted

Hi there, 

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that your sleep timer has not been working correctly. 

Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you have carried out so far so I do not ask you to repeat them?

I look forward to hearing from you!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

I asked him to set the timer “set a timer in 5 mins” while Spotify was playing music, and I was told that it could only be set in the player. I can understand this. When I say good night, a village evening sound will sound. At this time, whether I say setting a sleep timer or stopping it after a minute, all useless. See pics

Screenshot_20200323-203528.jpg

Screenshot_20200323-203623.jpg

Screenshot_20200323-203354.jpg

    

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hi,

I asked him to set the timer “set a timer in 5 mins” while Spotify was playing music, and I was told that it could only be set in the player. I can understand this. When I say good night, a village evening sound will sound. At this time, whether I say setting a sleep timer or stopping it after a minute, all useless.

Screenshot_20200323-203354.jpg

Screenshot_20200323-203528.jpg

Screenshot_20200323-203623.jpg

    

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @jin.cheng.lin,

Thanks for your message and clarification. At this time, sleep timers through Google Voice Assistant are not supported. As such, your experience is currently to be expected. 

We hope over time we'll expand the capabilities of our voice assistant integrations. Do let us know if you have any additional questions.