Kevinkl1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Home speaker 300 No Bass after update

So I purchased a Home speaker 300 a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the sound coming from such a small package. The Bass really stood out as it was very deep and definitely could have filled a room. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago after another FORCED update which I really really despise not being able to turn off and all of a sudden noticed the bass is no longer deep but sounds more like a midrage even on the highest setting. Whose stupid idea was it to have forced updates that tinker around with the sound after the customer have made adjustments to their own personal liking only to have bose screw everything up . Really just thinking of selling or returning this speaker.SOUND IS A VERY SUBJUNCTIVE THING and it’s really frustrating when bose keeps tinkering around with especially the sound quality without allowing user to just opt out from these stupid updates. As the saying goes if it was not broken why fix it.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Home speaker 300 No Bass after update

I picked up a home speaker 300 today and after completing the update, I am not noticing any issues with bass (and in the past I have been extremely critical of the weak bass on the Soundbar 700 prior to it being corrected).
Speaker sounds the same as the display model at the store. 

Kevinkl1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Mines was purchased and set up way before the last update which came out about 2weeks ago. The bass is not as deep as before also those forced updates are really really annoying. There was nothin wrong with my speaker I even told all my friends about how great it sounded. Real dummies working at the software devision of  bose lately. Starting to regret my purchase. How would you like purchasing a car and having the manufacturer force you to bring it in only to tinker around with the engine without your approval or consent!!!!!! Sucks. Ironically the complaints that customers are actually reporting have not been fixed in months ,just look up the hdmi arc issue or ios 13 making there devices unusable.

Hi Kevinkl1, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you no longer have any bass in your system and would love to assist you further. 

I would firstly recommend that you attempt to update the Bass and Treble of the speaker via the Bose Music App under Audio > Bass/Treble. A reset also may be beneficial for your speaker via turning off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds.

Please also test other sources and devices to ensure that the issue isn't directly with one service. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support