Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Home speaker 300 drops bluetooth

My Home Speaker 300 randomly drops its bluetooth connection every time that it's connected. Some times it drops in 30 minutes and other times 3 hours. If you tap the bluetooth button it instantly reconnects. But tapping the button every 30 minutes is unsatisfactory.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Home speaker 300 drops bluetooth

Hi Smehaffey,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. 

Does this occur with every device which you connect to your Home Speaker 300 connects to via Bluetooth?

Do you get any issues like this by connecting through WiFi?

Finally, can you also let us know if your device completely disconnects, or does the audio just cut out?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

I'm not much of a technophile, but here goes. The problem is mostly with my TV (my wife is not a fan of soundbars and traditional TV speakers). I've never tried connecting via wifi, I don't even know how. Lastly, the sound cuts out. Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Hello, I don't know how to connect them by WIFI neither if someone can help please

Highlighted
Community Manager

@smehaffey - Does audio resume playing through your TV speakers, or does audio fall silent when the issue occurs? If audio returns to the TV speakers, the two devices may have disconnected from each other. At this time, there is no "auto-sleep" feature for the speaker, meaning if there is an active audio Bluetooth connection between the two devices (TV and speaker), audio should continue, unless one system disconnects from the other. Have you paired the TV to any other Bluetooth-enabled devices in your home? Additionally, if your TV has an auxiliary output port, you could connect the TV to the Home Speaker 300 via this cable instead of a wireless Bluetooth connection.

To set your expectations, while the Home Speaker 300 does feature Bluetooth to connect to a range of third-party Bluetooth-enabled speakers, you may find a system like a dedicated wired soundbar more suited to your needs. The industry standard for audio transmission between devices is currently either an optical or an HDMI connection. These offer fast and reliable connections between devices, including the transmission of traditional audio formats like Dolby Digital, whereas a Bluetooth connection does not provide this. 

@burbigo1 - Welcome to the discussion. Is this your first-time setup? We have a guide on our support site HERE available to walk you through the process using the Bose Music app. Please give it a try and get back to us if you have any difficulties.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!