Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Home speaker 300 - unable to play certain radio channels with Tunein

Hi, I have problem playing certain radio stations with Tunein.

I get the error : "Sorry, we can't play this right now. Try again later. (C7-SC3103)

The channels I'm trying to play:

NRK P1 Nordland

Radio Norsk Pop

P4 - Lyden av Norge

P5 - Hits

P8 - pop

P9 - Retro

Radio Norge - this channel plays without any problem

All the above are norwegian channels

I have tried the following, after reading the posts in the forum:

Disconnecting and reset the router

Disconnecting the the speaker

Re-installed the Bose Music app

I also did an update to the firmware, and then it worked perfectly playing several of the above channels.  However, after about 10 minutes, it's giving the same error.

Any suggestion the can solve this issue?

Kind regards,

Kjell Arne Jensen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Home speaker 300 - unable to play certain radio channels with Tunein

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kjell

Hi Kjell, 

Thanks for coming back to me!

You can definitely try this. You are currently up to date with the most recent firmware but you may be able to re-run the firmware to hopefully solve any issues that might be causing this issue. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Hi Kjell,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to play the radio stations you are after and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know. All of those steps are great starting points when you experience an issue like this.

I've had a look into the stations you mentioned and they all seem to be working fine in the Bose Music app and TuneIn's website for me. Have you encountered this issue when trying to play any other radio stations, or is it just these specific stations?

If it is just those specific stations, it may be worth trying them on TuneIn's website and seeing if you can are able to play them from there. Not all stations are available in all regions through TuneIn, so it could be that TuneIn does not support them in your area.

Usually, the error code you have mentioned will be displayed when the speaker tries to play a source and times out. Do you have any firewalls enabled on your router that could be stopping the correct information getting to your speaker? 

If you do have a firewall enabled, try disabling it, or setting it to it's lowest setting and testing the stations again.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Hi Keith,

and thanks for a speedy reply.  I forgot to mention that the other channels are playing perfectly, both directly from the Tunein app, and also from my Soundtouch app. I also do have a Soundtouch 20 speaker.

I don't think I can be a fw issue, as it plays the other station for a while, after updating the firmware for the speaker. So, when I change to Radio Norge, and try to open NRK P1, I then get the error again.

Did this make sense?  😄😄

Update:  I just did a check for firmware update; pressing bluetooth button and volume button;  after I did this, it worked perfectly.  However, after about 10 minutes, when trying to change channel, I get the same error. 

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Update: Firmware version - 4.0.9 - 1455+33aed63

Is this the latest firmware?

Highlighted

Hi Kjell, 

Thank you for coming back to us!

It is strange that the radio stations are working with your SoundTouch 20 and not your Home Speaker 300. 

Version 4.0.9 is the latest firmware version so it looks like your all up to date! 

What I would suggest, to cover all basis, is to try a different source device. This will help us determine if there is an issue with the app install, your primary source device. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Hi Jessie,

I've now tried with another Android source device, and it's exactly the same response.

Should I try to manually update the speaker ? 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/updating-your-home-speaker-300.html  

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kjell

Hi Kjell, 

Thanks for coming back to me!

You can definitely try this. You are currently up to date with the most recent firmware but you may be able to re-run the firmware to hopefully solve any issues that might be causing this issue. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Hi Jessie,

it looks like that solved it!!  I've tried all now - changing the channels, stopping and starting, and so far it works!!  Yippiiiee!!!!  🙂

Thanks a lot for your help!

Highlighted

Hi Kjell, 

That's fantastic news! 

I'm so glad that you are back up and running with enjoying your favorite radio stations on your Bose system!

If there is anything else you need, you know where to find us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Hi again,

it looks like I celebrated too early.  I left the speaker off for about half an hour, and when I now tried to turn it on again, the problem remains.............