dds82
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Home speaker 450 groups

Will it ever be possible to:

1. Put more than one smart speaker and a Bluetooth speaker in the same group?

2. Put one smart speaker and more than one Bluetooth speaker in the same group?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Home speaker 450 groups

Hello dds82,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

At this current time, we do not have any further information regarding the future prospects of SimpleSync. 

With this in mind, I will be happy to pass along your comments to our development team for future consideration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
dds82
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Re: Home speaker 450 groups

In case this helps anyone out there, I was able to group 2x home speaker 450 and a SoundLink color II. Here's how to do that. It's important to follow the directions exactly as written.

1. Using the Bose Music app, pair the SoundLink with smart speaker S1 and group them together.

2. End the group.

3. Power off the SoundLink speaker.

4. Group the two smart speakers together.

5. Start some music playing on the group.

6. Power on the SoundLink.

The SoundLink will automatically reconnect to the smart speaker and receive its music stream.

It's important that you do not use the grouping feature in the Bose app while this configuration is active or you will lose it.

If you want to stream from a Bluetooth source, make sure to connect that source to a different speaker in the group.

To the moderators: this proves that Bose should be able to support this in the software.