Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

Home speaker 500 Apple Music

Thinking of upgrading to the Homespeaker 500 from other Bose speakers.   I also have other Alexa Speakers. Can Apple Music be linked directly to the 500 yet as the primary music search option in the same way as Alexa Speakers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Home speaker 500 Apple Music

Author Accepted Answer selected by Howard@thebyre

Hey Howard,

The Home Speaker 500 has the ability to stream music services via WiFi through the Bose Music app such as TuneIn, Spotify, Pandora, and more. You can use Alexa voice assistant to control these services in-built into the Bose Music app. For Apple Music, the speaker has AirPlay 2 compatibility for streaming - this is the current possible method of streaming Apple Music as the Bose Music app doesn't have it as an integrated service yet.

I hope this helps! Are there any other questions you have regarding this system?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Howard@thebyre

Hey Howard,

The Home Speaker 500 has the ability to stream music services via WiFi through the Bose Music app such as TuneIn, Spotify, Pandora, and more. You can use Alexa voice assistant to control these services in-built into the Bose Music app. For Apple Music, the speaker has AirPlay 2 compatibility for streaming - this is the current possible method of streaming Apple Music as the Bose Music app doesn't have it as an integrated service yet.

I hope this helps! Are there any other questions you have regarding this system?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Please improve apple music support can’t save the playlist as a preset.    

Highlighted

Hey BlinkTech, 

Thanks for posting and letting us know your interest in Apple Music support. 

If anyone else would like to see Apple Music added to the Home Speaker 500 please do let us know below.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

I can't believe there is even a question about this. Apple music is one of the mainstream music services and should be available on a premium quality speaker such as this. Don't wait for the weight of public opinion, please get this sorted now as a matter of urgency!!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Hi Hector,

Just adding another voice to this, I would also love to see Apple Music implementation on the Smart home series (I currently have the soundbar 500). I know that there is Airplay 2.0 support, but this is reliant on my phone being in range all the time and dealing with the battery drain on that. While it’s great to have airplay for any general audio, it would be great to see native Apple Music support on the soundbar so it isn’t reliant on my phone running the audio all the time (let alone trying to find my phone when I want to play music 😀). Would give me more of a reason to use Alexa on it as it really is just sitting in our house like a non-smart speaker at the moment.

Highlighted

Thanks @ham500, you have been added to the list!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Hi Hector_B,

please count me in as well. I do not want to choose my music-provider by what is supported by Bose smart speakers (which i very much like otherwise, btw).
So please „smart up“ the speakers a little, by giving us Apple music as native option.

tnx 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Absolutely crazy that Apple Music can still not be accessed via Alexa commands. Every time this issue is raised, the standard problem solution is air 2. This is not a solution, it’s a work around. For a company of Bose’s reputation and size, this has gone on for far too long. If this is never going to be resolved then man up and acknowledge it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

+1 for Apple Music integration. I was shocked when I discovered this wasn’t an option.