Colm7
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Re: Home speaker 500 Apple Music

Apple Music has to be added to this speaker. 
Crazy that it won’t work directly by now.

Troykm
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Given Apple Music is the number one service in America and number 2 world wide,  inbuilt support (like it is on Sonos) is a no brainer. Please add it. I don’t want to use Spotify. 

SoaringDragons
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Hello, I just purchased the Bose Smart Home 500 Speaker and I am loving the sound quality I am getting from it, as well as the ability to use an audio cable when using it as a speaker for my Nintendo Switch however I was disappointed to learn I couldn't use the presets with Apple Music. 

Please count my vote for Apple Music being added. I am also on a family plan of Apple Music and would prefer to use that as I have all my playlists there vs switching to Spotify. This would be an added bonus to me using the speakers making the Bose Smart Home 500 the perfect speaker choice for me. 
(It was a debate between this and the Portable Smart Speaker) 

Thanks for counting my vote for Apple Music!

Cappsy
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2020

I’m so angry this isn’t supported. I just changed my Echo Studio for a home speaker 500 and now it feels like a step backwards. How difficult can this be to sort out and delight the Bose community who clearly want this ability. It really lets down a great product and will be sending it back within the 90 days trial if the ability is not enabled by then. I will also be returning the 2 x Home Portables I purchased as well as these also have the same issue. 

Rick7
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2020

This has to be a financial issue.  Apple is #1, they have competing speakers (although perhaps not to the soundbar) and there is clearly a price to pay that Bose isn't willing to pay.

DLucci
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

Any word on adding Apple Music, yet?  I bought this speaker for my husband for Christmas and when he found out he can’t play Apple Music on it, he told me to return it. 

Martha.Lin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Count me in the votes and hope this really happens. I just bought a Bose 450 Smart Home Speaker and I though that alexa was the one who wasn’t compatible but it’s so sad to hear that is Bose who’s not including it. Please include this so we can really enjoy the speaker as is intended. 

Pwb100
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2021

I find it ludicrous that a company as big as Bose has not got this sorted yet. I use my Home500 speaker via airplay 2 - this makes the Alexa side virtually redundant when using Apple devices! Please get it sorted.

Andre2000
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

200% agree. This is SO overdue. Bose, you need to coexist with Apple, otherwise I am off to the Sonos dark-side

Sportsfanchad
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

Yes, sign me up as wanting Apple Music added.