camdengamble
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

Re: Home speaker 500 Apple Music

I have just purchased a Bose Home Speaker 500 with hopes of streaming Apple Music directly from the speaker, but I was immensely disappointed to find out that there was no support for the service, other than AirPlay and Bluetooth. Bose, please add this service!

wawa1152
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

I, and many other users would like to see Apple music service added to the functionality of the Bose Music app.  Please consider this request.  Thanks.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Attn: Bose

The tread posts keep switching back to the boiler plate wording wiping out my draft message.

I shouldn’t have to copy my draft message before hitting “Post” for fear of losing my work.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I have found that some of the baked in music services are well ...half baked.

Certainly connecting my devices using BT or Airplay gives me the full versions of any music service of my choosing. Something not offered necessarily in the Bose versions of Spotify or Amazon Music for example. I imagine Bose licensing these services is costly. Licensing BT or Airplay is probably more affordable and strategic for Bose.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Sportsfanchad
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

Why can’t you open up Apple Music through Alexa? I find it strange we have Alexa built into the speaker but unlike a standalone Alexa device she can not access Apple Music songs. Please add Apple Music to the Home 500 speaker or open it up through Alexa. 

Itsciarán
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

I have also just purchased the Bose 500 speaker today for the sole purpose of streaming music, my main music service is Apple Music, what a disappointment. This needs to be sorted quick, “Hey Alexa..... Tell BOSE to get the finger out!”

Nelly_
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Please add Apple Music to your service. I have been using Apple Music for 3 years now and it's quite good. Most student move from Spotify to Apple Music because Spotify doesn't provide student price for some universities.

JodiS
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2021

Any update on when Apple Music will be supported? It’s odd that I can use Apple Podcasts and Music on other Alexa devices but not on the most expensive Alexa speaker in my house. Please remedy this soon. 

Thanks!

Kyryll
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Hi Hector,

This really shouldn’t be even a question. We expect a fully functional Alexa on Bose smart speakers. That includes Apple Music. That my default music provider, I’ve been with them for years, they know what I like and I won’t be switching. I want to be able to say to “Alexa, play my station” and hear the music that I like. Not have to faff with finding my phone first, find the music app, find my station, play it, then connect it to AirPlay and don’t forget to check the right WiFi network... Got two at my place that I use interchangeably. I hope my point is becoming clear now. 

It’s been an utter disappointment after I have paid the price I paid for my Portable Home Speaker to only find out that Alexa doesn’t support Apple Music across entire Bose smart speaker range. 

Please count me toward that list everyone is mentioning. Happy to beta test or provide more input. Just let me know. 

francescogiuseppe89
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

Good morning all,

i'm from Italy and i got a week ago the Home Speaker 500.

I would highlight how much sad i'm now that i understood Apple Music is not configured by default on this premium speaker (please, don't tell me it is configured because, stream it from my phone means it isn't configured at all on the speaker but it's just on my phone. What is REALLY "configured" on the speaker, is AirPlay, nothign more!).

Since i'm quite sure is not that hard to improve (and implement) Apple Music on it, please, do it as soon as possible. We need Apple Music configured on the speaker in the same way Amazon music is.

Thanks in advance.

KR,

FGG