Abrahamsson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Home speaker 500 - google assistant swedish

Isnt the google assistant avaiable in Swedish? 

I cant seem to get it to work.

I have however managed to link it with google home.

Cant i play music at the same time with my other google speakers?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Home speaker 500 - google assistant swedish

Hi Abrahamsson,

Thank you for joining us in the community, I would be happy to help you get Google Assistant up and running.

Google Assistant is available for our Home Speakers in Sweden and has Swedish language support. So you definitely will be able to get Google Assistant working. If you want to find out more about where we support Google Assistant you can find the information HERE.

It is not currently possible to group Bose Music speakers with other Google speakers. It is only possible to group our Bose Music speakers with other Bose Music speakers at this time.

Have you managed to get Google Assistant to respond to any commands on your speaker? Does it work for some commands but not others, or not respond at all?

When you try and use Google Assistant what does the light bar show you? If you could let me know which of these statuses is closest to what you see that would be very helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Abrahamsson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Hi again,

It never get pass the adding voice assistant step.

It does find the speaker, but then it just tries to connect for quite some time until a message appears. 

"Something went wrong"

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us! 

Are you able to try on a different device to see if this helps your issues?

Let me know! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Abrahamsson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

I have tried it on my samsung s10e, my iPad and my wifes iphone.

I did try the speaker at my fathers house, and there it did work. So im guessing it's Network related? Now back home i did a factory reset and set it up again and the assistant wont  work again. I played around with router and turned all saftey pdf, without results. Any ideas what to do?

Any workaround would be appreiated

Highlighted

Hi Abrahamsson,

Thank you for the update.

The fact it worked at your father's house does lead me to suspect it is network related as well. We do have a list of recommended router settings that I will put at the bottom of this post for you.

What you could do as well is connect the speaker back to your father's network, complete the Google Assistant setup, then take it home and reconnect to your network. You can do this without factory defaulting the speaker. If it is just the setup process that is not working, the voice assistant should still work for you when you take it home.

If you follow these instructions when connecting to other Wi-Fi networks, it will let you set up on a new network without clearing any previous settings.

I hope this helps.

Recommended router settings.

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.