Lexuan Zhou
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

HomeSpeaker 500 AirPlay fail to connect to Apple Music

I just updated my phone to IOS13, and suddenly the home speaker 500 could not play music on Apple Music through airplay. Other music providers are working fine. 

7 REPLIES 7
Lexuan Zhou
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Re: HomeSpeaker 500 AirPlay fail to connect to Apple Music

Just tested YouTube, not working as well with airplay. But I can still connect by Bluetooth which is less convenient on apple products. 

Charlotte_G

Hello Lexuan Zhou, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue since the update to iOS13. 

There are a few things I would be grateful if you could test.

• Reset the speaker by removing the power supply for 30 seconds and then reconnect
  • Reboot your router by disconnecting from power for 30-60 seconds and then reconnect
  • Reboot your iOS device

If you are still having some problems with this, please do let me know and I'd be happy to look into this further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Lexuan Zhou
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Having errors when resetting wifi on home speaker 500

IMG_445742DEF1DA-1.jpeg

As you can see from the screen shot, there is something wrong with the server

Lexuan Zhou
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Hi,

I already do all the steps that are listed above. It seems it will work for a while and the connection drops again and I never get back to normal by rebooting. The song will just start for 0.5 sec and never keep going. Pretty frustrated with this issue. 

Hector_B

Hi Lexuan Zhou, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. You may be experiencing this due to the IOS 13 Updated. 

I would highly recommend that you ensure you have Bluetooth allowed inside the app. This can be done via Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth > toggle Bose Music ON. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Lexuan Zhou
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Hi,

It is enabled and i don't think i touch this kind of settings. As i can see a lot of people in the forum complain about IOS13 bugs, i will switch to bluetooth mode until the bugs are fixed. But as i suggest, these kind of bugs should be raised days before, as IOS13 public beta was already out for months. People that work in Bose should catch even before the consumers. Please do hire more developers and QAs

s09s
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Hi,

This problem still persists. Followed all the steps that you mentioned but nothings works! Infact even the bluetooth connection is very very spotty.