Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Homespeaker 500 accessing PC music

Just getting to grips with my new Home Speaker 500, but I was under the impression that I can somehow link the speaker with my home network and access music on my PC/Laptop WITHOUT using Bluetooth.  I have a large music collection on an external hard drive which I would like to access from either speaker or App.  Can this be done?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Re: Homespeaker 500 accessing PC music

I, too, am having difficulty accessing my music on my pc. The speaker in the neighbouring room will play radio but I can’t connect in order to play music. Any thoughts? (I know I haven’t helped with your problem sorry!)

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

This is a review of the speaker from 'Techradar':

"When it comes to music playback you have a few different options; you can connect your device to the speaker via an AUX cable, wirelessly connect via Bluetooth, or set the speaker up on your home’s WiFi network."

The last point (my highlight) suggests that it is feasible, but I can't find how to do it!

Highlighted

Hey guys,

Thanks for contributing to the Bose Community!

The integration of your stored music library is not available on the Home Speaker 500 through any other method than Bluetooth. Connecting your speaker to your home's Wi-Fi network will allow you to utilize the Bose Music application to stream sources such as Spotify, TuneIn, and more. You can also use Spotify Connect and AirPlay 2 when the speaker is connected to your network.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.