I am trying to connect my Soundbar 700 with my alexa account. I have tried the following
- Connecting the bose music app, it fails in the end by directing me to a website "id.api.bose.io" with safari and the built in browser
- Connecting via the alexa skills - same result as via the app
I removed my alexa device already from my tv room (which is the place where the soundbar is located). I have the same issue when trying to connect my bose home speakers 300.
Any help highly appreciated
i have managed to connect my alexa and bose soundbar.
I am using a Rasperry Pi with PiHole to block ads and the required website "cdns.gigya.com" was identified as "junk". After whitelisting the url, the setup was easy and took only 25 seconds
Thanks and best regards
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.
I'm truly sorry to hear that you are facing some issues with setting up the Amazon Alexa Voice Assistant on your Soundbar 700. I'd love to help you resolve this.
When you say that the Bose Music app fails, is this whilst setting up the Soundbar or during the Alexa set up?
Do you already have the Soundbar set up in the Bose Music app?
I'd recommend taking a look at this article Using the Amazon Alexa voice assistant with Bose smart products.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Charlotte G - Community Support
thanks for getting in touch. To specify my problem:
- setup of the bose speakers worked perfect - easy!
- setup of alexa does not work - i checked your link already. interestingly my mobile device (which i use as well for setting up the alexa app) cannot automatically login to your community forum as well. I end up at the same website as indicated above - not sure if this helps with troubleshooting
Thanks for getting back to me! That is very strange. Do you have another device that you could test this with?
The "id.api.bose.io" window that opens should load to the following page:
the following steps are working
- i can login at amazon after trying to enable to alexa (na.account.amazon.com)
- voice.api.bose is loading and then i am re-directed to
- id.api.bose.io -- and then i am stuck and i cannot use alexa..
hope that helps
Could you please try signing out of the Bose Music app and signing back in?
If this shows no improvement, then I would recommend deleting the Bose Music app and re-installing.
Please let me know how this goes!
Nov 8, 2019
Hi folks..sorry to jump in on this topic...is there already a solution cause i am facing the exact same problem...setting up speaker is fine..selecting voice assistants alexa or google assistant...google connects fine...alexa cant get past the point to connect to amazon like mentioned in this thread already...location is miramar florida