Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

How do I extend Bluetooth signal strength transmitted from my Soundtouch SA5 amplifier?

I did some quick searches but couldn't find a response.  I have passive speakers mounted outside on patio, with wires running about 60 feet to my interior home entertainment center.  I have a Bose Soundtouch SA5 amplifier connected to these speakers.  I am also able to connect my cell phone to the Soundtouch, via bluetooth, and run my music playlist.  Problem is, bluetooth signal degrades at 25 feet so it starts getting inconsistent when I'm outside.  I have to leave my phone inside, within 25 feet of the receiver, so it isn't ideal for controlling volume, playlist, etc.

Is there a long range bluetooth transmitter that will work seemlessly with the Soundtouch SA5?  Ideally, I'd like to extend the SA5 bluetooth range to be somewhere around 60-100 feet from where it is located?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How do I extend Bluetooth signal strength transmitted from my Soundtouch SA5 amplifier?

Hey @Bilulan

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the range for the Bluetooth. I'll be happy to help you where I can! 

We do not manufacture a Bluetooth transmitter so will be unable to recommend one. 

Have you thought about connecting your SA-5 to the WiFi? I have included a LINK HERE to help you. Connecting to the WiFi will improve the range. 

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!