columbo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

How long does firmware update take?

Hi.

Just bought my Soundbar 700 today.
After booting into the "Bose Music" app, it started a firmware update.
This has now been going on for over 2 hours while the led light beam continues to run.

Is there something wrong. How long does the update take?
My network is 100 mbit.

I dare not turn off power.

4 REPLIES 4
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: How long does firmware update take?

Hi columbo,

Welcome! 

It does sound like your update is taking longer than it should. I would usually expect the update to take up to 30 minutes at the longest. It can sometimes be longer than this depending on the size of the update and speed of your network but not usually 2 hours.

With the light scrolling, is it going from left to right, or right to left on the soundbar? If it is scrolling from right to left, it is trying to download the update file still. If it is scrolling from left to right, then it has downloaded and is in the process of installing. You can find more information on the light statuses HERE.

If it is still downloading, then if possible try connecting the speaker to your router with an ethernet cable while the update runs as this will usually be faster and avoid any possible issues with interference. 

Let me know how you are getting on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
columbo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Hi Kieth

I contacted Bose support in Denmark, who found DOA. I have had my Soundbar 700 replaced and the new one could be updated without any problems.
I also used a direct LAN connection to my router. It is fast and stable.
KInd regards
Columbo

AR7777771
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Bose soundbar 700 is taking very long time it is installing since 4hr but not completed can you please help me

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi AR7777771,

The update for the soundbar should take around 20-30 minutes, but it can be longer than this depending on your internet speeds. However, 4 hours does sound much longer than I would expect the update to take.

With your soundbar, what is the lightbar on it showing? As I mentioned above, if it is scrolling from right to left, it is trying to download the update file still. If it is scrolling from left to right, then it has downloaded and is in the process of installing. It's useful to know which stage of the update your soundbar is in before troubleshooting.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!