Tarun Rathi
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

How to connect my Bose home speaker 450 to samsung 5 th series smart tv

How I can connect my Bose home speaker 450 to samsung 5th series smart TVs.

my tv don’t have Bluetooth.

I tried by WiFi but it doesn’t work. I connect my speaker by Bose mobile app and allow sharing but my tv didn’t find WiFi speaker.

I don’t know if I can connect using cable.

I don’t know which cable is required. Speaker has one aux port and tv has optical and 2 audio output ports.

please help me .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: How to connect my Bose home speaker 450 to samsung 5 th series smart tv

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

As the Home Speaker 450 is not designed to be a TV speaker, this isn't something I would recommend doing, but you may be able to, depending on the connections your TV supports. If you would like to look at dedicated TV speakers we make, you can find these HERE. The Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 are both parts of the Smart Home family, like your 450, so have many of the same features!

If you did want to connect your 450 to your TV, the TV would need to be able to send audio through Bluetooth or a 3.5mm AUX connection. I would recommend using the AUX connection, as I do find that having a wired connection provides a better listening experience with video. On most TVs, this will be labeled as a "headphones" output, if you plug a 3.5mm aux cable into the headphones connection on the TV and the AUX-in on the speaker you will be able to play your audio this way.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
javio1@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Hi,

Did you ever figure out how to connect your bose 450 to your tv? 

Keith_L

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

As the Home Speaker 450 is not designed to be a TV speaker, this isn't something I would recommend doing, but you may be able to, depending on the connections your TV supports. If you would like to look at dedicated TV speakers we make, you can find these HERE. The Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 are both parts of the Smart Home family, like your 450, so have many of the same features!

If you did want to connect your 450 to your TV, the TV would need to be able to send audio through Bluetooth or a 3.5mm AUX connection. I would recommend using the AUX connection, as I do find that having a wired connection provides a better listening experience with video. On most TVs, this will be labeled as a "headphones" output, if you plug a 3.5mm aux cable into the headphones connection on the TV and the AUX-in on the speaker you will be able to play your audio this way.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Wpfef7
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

I successful wired my samsung tv to my bose 450 speaker.  Each time I turn the tv on, i have to push the aux button on the bose speaker to get sound.  Is there a way around having to do that?  Thanks