dannydown
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

How to know if Soundbar 700 is receiving Dolby Digital signal?

Is there any way to find out what format the sound bar is getting over ARC?

For all I know the TV could just be sending stereo for everything...

Typically soundbars have some LED display that shows the format but since the Bose doesn't, is there any way to tell?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: How to know if Soundbar 700 is receiving Dolby Digital signal?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello Dannydown,

Thank you for your question. 

The Soundbar 700 itself can not show you this information, however within your TVs sound settings there may be a menu which will be able to provide you with this information. 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello Dannydown,

Thank you for your question. 

The Soundbar 700 itself can not show you this information, however within your TVs sound settings there may be a menu which will be able to provide you with this information. 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

SH71
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

I'm sure Bose could implement this via the app.
ratto
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Soundbar 700, how to understand the type of audio signal

I want to understand the type of audio signal that my soundbar is receiving (for example Dolby digital 5.1 or PC 2.1), is there a way to do this?

When I connect tha hdmi arc the type of coding is a choice between TV and soundbar, but I have a strong suspicious that my TV (Panasonic 55cx700e) doesn't have a hdmi pass through. 

turbogate
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700, how to understand the type of audio signal

Sorry to bring back an older thread, but instead of creating a new one, I figured I'd add to this.  It would be very helpful to be able to tell which signal the soundbar is receiving/outputting.  While most of the time I can tell that i'm listening to surround, sometimes I can't confirm.  I'm surprised more people haven't been requesting that.  Basically it would be nice to launch the app and see that i'm currently playing DD or DTS etc like most receivers do.

Warren784
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2021

Re: Soundbar 700, how to understand the type of audio signal

The Sonos music app has this feature when displayed on TV source