Thinkfast
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

Same thing here with my 700 soundbar. There is an issue with the Bose Music app which does not detect WiFi. When it does, it shoots the audio to 90%.

Bose, it looks like people had the same issue when testing iOS 13 Beta versions.

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted

Re: I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

Hello Thinkfast,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a volume control issue with the Bose Music app since updating to iOS 13. 

Could you please confirm which version of the Bose Music app you are running?

Does this happen only with the Bose Music app, or also whilst using other sources, such as Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, etc?

I would recommend that you uninstall the Bose Music app and re-install.

Let me know if this makes any change.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

CYCHAN
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

Hi Bose Team,

Why the bose product got face new issue,always told user to reset or reinstall app?why didnt Bose Team to fix the issue whatever the bose music app or hdmi arc?U think APPLE IOS,ANDROID and all Brand Smart Tv will update their firmware to match and fix to your BOSE product?Your Team had find issue and fix to match it.The HDMI ARC issue almost one years havent solved and the bose music app sometimes cant connect ...

Forgive my poor english..

thanks

Thinkfast
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

iOS app 2.3.2. I reinstalled it today and restarted my phone with no luck. Please find a solution as this is only happening on ios13 and WiFi streaming.

i keep getting an error that I am not connected to the WiFi. When it connects, it changes the volume.

Hello @CYCHAN

I am sorry that you are experiencing issues. We always like to try troubleshooting with a customer to look to resolve the issue. If this fails we can then pass the feedback onto the development team for further investigation and then a fix can be identified and implemented quicker. Are you having issues with one of your systems, if so we would love to help? 

@Thinkfast I am sorry that you are still having this issue. Can I please ask, do you have any other Bose products that use the Bose Music app and if so are they too having issues? If not I would like to try some troubleshooting on the system? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

ottovigo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2015

I'm on IOS 13 and I'm having the same issue, when I start the 500 from the Bose app, sound level goes off at 100%. This happens om both my 500 speakers. My Bose app is newest version.

Karsten

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

This is yet another critical bug from Bose. Every other app company sent their iOS 13 updates out to ensure compatibility, and Bose knew about this error during the iOS 13 beta. Yet they didn’t bother to fix it. 

Now you once again waste our time saying “how sorry you are” and to “please try troubleshooting.” 

Why don’t you open up the app for yourself and test it with your own smart speaker before you tell us to “troubleshoot.” It’s a critical bug in the current app when used with iOS 13. There is nothing for us to troubleshoot. 

This is unbelievable. My soundbar 700 is completely unusable because it forces me to listen at max volume. 

THERE IS NO WIFI OR ETHERNET CONNECTION WITH THE SPEAKER. IT WONT EVEN UPDATE WHICH SONG IS CURRENTLY PLAYING ON SIRIUS XM 

Thinkfast
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Bose Rep,

I don’t have any other bose systems. As you can see, it’s not the system but the app on IOS 13. Please test it internally and update the app as soon as possible. This is unacceptable.

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Same troubles here.

Erratic volume behavior after iOS 13 update.

This not happens on iPad, which is still on iOS 12.

Also, probably related, the Bose Soundbar missing in Spotify Connect.

ottovigo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2015

I have been playing a bit more with the Bose App, apart from starting with 100% volume one cannot set the volume lower than the last setting on the physical unit in the App. I would say that it is scary that a big company like Bose do not have a software division that are able to support a brand like Apple and their software versions but hey, you guys only had about 8 months to get it right so I understand........NOT!

Bose come on, this is plain amateurish from a company in your position, I have for 1000s of € in your stuff, get it fixed!!

Karsten