Petrinho17
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Re: I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

Same issue here...iOS13 and max volume on soundbar 700

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Re: I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

Well, Bose, my deepest congratulations!

Your "software" division just did it again.

I am just asking myself how long will take you to fix it.

Also, beware, because Apple just announced the iOS 13.1 update in just few days, so they will challenge you again.

Highlighted
DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

I have emailed all major tech bloggers about this, to help raise awareness. Bose’s track record to fix bugs and glitches is atrocious. It does not matter to them if the speaker is nonfunctional, the software dev team has a track record of taking months to fix. 

They get no more chances with me. Any bug that causes my home speakers to be completely broken due to software, I now email major review bloggers right away. 

Hello, 

Thank you all for posting. 

I am truly sorry that you are having this issue and would like to get to the bottom of this issue as quickly as possible. 

Having tested this personally I am unable to replicate this issue, please could you provide me with the following so I can look further into this: 

• Phone model?
  • What audio source you are using?  
  • Is this when the speaker first awakens? 
  • What software version are you on, on the bose product? 
  • Which Bose product you have? 
  • Which app version do you have? 

I look forward to your responses and looking further into this. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Thinkfast
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

• Phone model? iPhone X
  • What audio source you are using?  Wifi using the Spotify account on the Bose app
  • Is this when the speaker first awakens? Both when it awakens as well as when trying to lower the music while its playing
  • What software version are you on, on the bose product? Firmware version 5.0.14
  • Which Bose product you have? Bose 700 Soundbar
  • Which app version do you have? 2.3.2

The application keeps showing the following message when using it "Your phone isn't connected to a Wifi network. You may have trouble connecting to your products".

Please don't tell us to check out router/wifi settings.

I work for a software company as well and I understand that you have to reproduce it before escalating it to the next team. Please understand that since iOS 13 came out, more people are having the same exact issue. This should be a critical ticket and your product management team should be aware.

The Bose community spends a lot of money for your products and expects better support.If you cannot reproduce it, please reach out internally for testing and maybe someone else in your team will.

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Vicky can you confirm your tried iOS 13? 

This is happening on my iPhone X and iPad Pro on Soundbar 700. Bose speaker running all the latest firmware. It is critical that this is patched ASAP. Every other company has released their updated app for iOS 13 compatibility. Where is Bose’s?  

After further troubleshooting:

1) All apps including Airplay 2 have the volume glitch where the Bose music app can’t go to 0% while playing a song. 

2) Another glitch is when you use Spotify or Sirius XM within the Bose music app. Spotify volume control only functions if you open the Spotify app and use their slider. Sirius XM’s app has no volume slider at all, which leaves you entirely dependent on the Bose Music app. The slider in the Bose music app is entirely nonfunctional for Spotify and Sirius XM. It’s as if the WiFi and Ethernet response is gone. 
3) Bose music app consistently is rocketing the volume slider to 100% 

Is no one else running into this on iOS 13???

Lexuan Zhou
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

I just got updated to IOS 13.1. Airplay fails on Apple Music, YouTube, Twitch and so on. Feels bad

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Lexuan- how is your Bose music app volume slider functioning? 

Lexuan Zhou
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Hi,

I am not a heavy user on that app since I usually directly listen to music from providers but I just tested it. The slide bar is obviously not working properly. I  slide it to right a little bit and the column goes crazy loud which scares the X out of me. And then I slide it to left end and the column doesn’t go down to 0 as well. This app is absolutely broken. 

HenrikL
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2015

Hi,

I can confirm I’m experiencing the same issues with volume after updating iPhone XS to iOS 13. The volume comes

on at extremely high setting and I’m unable to turn the volume right down. There was no issues what so ever prior to updating phone to iOS 13. The Bose Music app is version 2.3.2.  The issue is with all the speakers. Sound bar connect with Ethernet and Home Speaker 300/500 WIFI. When using the physical remote for the sound bar, the volume slider in the app seem to update correctly, however touching the volume bar set the volume to a very high level without showing this in the app.