fanbosenomo
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Re: I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

Same Problem here. Unable to properly control volume with the Bose Music App on my Home speaker 500 and Soundbar 700. Both units experience same issues. 

This is since updating to iOS 13. Updated to  iOS 13.1 today, same issue. 

Bose, fix is needed. 

HenrikL
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2015

Re: I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

I have been in telephone contact with BOSE (UK) support this morning, they seemed very helpful. After sending a log file from one of my speakers, I have just had an email saying, they were able to reproduce the issue with volume control, using a personal iPhone with iOS 13.1. So guess there could be hope for a fix soon... at least they have experienced the issue themselves. 

Lexuan Zhou
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

I strongly suggest Bose to hire more QAs from a developer perspective. This kind of bugs are not hard to find at all imo. Or they never really care about the user experience. 😞

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Well there you have it, 3 page thread with multiple complaints and 400+ views. Speaker-breaking bug and finally tech support agrees with the issue, while mods come comment on this thread that there’s no issue. 

rossopomodoro
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

I can confirm that I have this problem too. Just updated to iOS 13 and am unable to control speakers‘ volume via app anymore as the app keeps setting the volume to 80%-100%.

iPhone 8 running iOS 13.1

iPhone 7 also on iOS 13.1

Latest Bose Music App

Tested with Home Speaker 500 and NoiseCanceling Headphone 700

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

^Guy bought brand new $400 headphones and already can’t use them. 

The new Bose Portable Home Speaker goes live tomorrow on Amazon and still no app fix for the critical speaker-breaking bug. I feel sorry for anyone who orders this speaker tomorrow only to find out that Bose charged you $400 for a product that is dead on arrival. I will be posting a warning review on Amazon tonight.  

Meanwhile the new Sonos Move is functioning no problem at all. 

Thinkfast
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Hi Team, any updates? 

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

I am in pure shock that Bose is letting this go on for over 1 week non-functioning. I have never seen something like this before. $2000 Soundbar 700 system and it’s a paperweight again and again. 

i) first it was weak subwoofer bass since launch sept 2018 which took 6 months to patch. 

ii) second it was a horrible left channel volume crackle glitch when watching all Dolby content. Took a full month to fix.

iii) third it was a volume loss glitch where the sound drops for a micro second when watching movies or tv shows. Took 2 months to fix. 
iv) and now current we have the worst bug yet. The volume slider is non-functional in iOS 13 which renders all home speakers entirely dead on arrival. How many months will we suffer with this? 

I am tracking every single thing this company has done since launch of the Bose music smart speaker system. 

Cinb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I am having the same problem with updated version of iOS 13.1. I also have latest version of SounTouch App as there is no update at the Apple Store. Please provide a solution as my Bose speaker is useless. 

Highlighted
DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

They won’t be fixing a thing. The devs are at home right now enjoying their weekend not a care in the world about what they’ve caused worldwide.