bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Re: I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

Bose I am having the same problem on my iPhone X and Soundbar 700 and 500. I cannot control the volume slider through the Bose Music app. Pull it down. It went back up to where it was. Please don’t ask me reset as I have done so. 

Kevinkl1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Re: I just updated to IOS 13 on my phone...My Bose Music app volume shot to maximum

Same issue with an iPhone pro Max running iOS 13 the volume slider is not functioning properly it either increases volume to max or not at all therefore making using the app impossible. My workaround was to just use the Bluetooth function of the smart speaker and control the volume with my phone.

HenrikL
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2015

Following on from my pleasant chat with a UK Bose supporter on SEP 25th., I called to chase up the case (as nothing heard from BOSE). This time I spoke to another person and his reply in essence was; “It’s not a app problem, it’s a problem with iOS!” He then went on to say they WERE looking into the issue... read into that what you like.

I don’t won’t to knock BOSE as a company, but to render their latest product line virtually useless overnight , by not being on top there app development/testing is totally unacceptable! Please BOSE take this seriously, it IS an issue for those of us on iOS 13.x... 

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

So, according to this answer, is Apple's guilt of releasing an iOS update without consulting BOSE's software technical team.
With this "philosophy", next advise from BOSE will be to sell our Apple devices.

Highlighted
Lexuan Zhou
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

It feels so ridiculous to hear about the response from Bose. They literally abandon the whole product line by passing the buck to Apple instead of taking the responsibility and fix it real quick. Make one step back, if it is actually Apple's fault which i don't think, at least they should contact Apple and report the issue instead of us.

Smansro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Same issue here on soundbar 700 with IOS 13.1.2 ...max outs volume on app. It’s Disappointing that Bose is taking to long to fix this ...besides the continuous WiFi connectivity issues from what I thought I would have moving from the soundtouch to this app... overall I may have regret not going with Sonos. 

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

The software devs could care less that their entire smart speaker line is DOA worldwide now. 

miticigor@me.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

When paying premium prices I would think you get a premium product and premium customer service.Well,with a Bose that is just not a case.false promise on air play for soundtouch and then not working music app with iOS 13.If I was to do it again Bose would NOT be my choice 

HenrikL
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2015

I’ve just updated BOSE music app to version 2.4.4. And I’m pleased to say, so far so good, it seems to work as expected!

Lexuan Zhou
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Well at least they did something, better than nothing. But the efficiency is just like a joke