I went through two 700 sound bars already.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I went through two 700 sound bars already.

So for Christmas I was lucky enough for my GF to buy my the sound bar and I bought the rear speakers and floor stands. This set up sounds amazing, about 95% of the time though. I am on my 2nd sound bar and for one reason. At certain bass notes I get a rattle at the ports on the back. Not a good rattle if that makes since, sounds like something is loose near by. I watched all 5 Jurassic Park movies and they sound great only happens once or twice a movie. Kind of frustrating but I found out how to reproduce it every time and could you guys try too? Hitting the what I think is the Amazon button on the soundbar with the small circle it makes the rattle noise every time on both sound bars. I did do this with it on my TV stand and lifted, same results. Alexa is not set up so if gives me kinda bad tone. Let me know what you guys think. It’s hard to believe I got two bad ones. 

7 REPLIES

Re: I went through two 700 sound bars already.

Hello JUSTBENWILD,

Thank you for posting.

This is an odd issue, especially with two soundbars. I appreciate you let me know you also lifted the Soundbar as well to see if it was possibly the TV stand reacting to the bass tone. 

Have you tried adjusting the bass under "Adjustments" to see if that helps? Did you also run AdaptIQ to customize the sound to your room?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I have done both, I’m not sure if i should be worried or not. I wish other members tried hitting the Alexa circle and could see if it happens to them. Remember my is not set up so I get a tone. Could hear the rattle or whatever you want to call if even a bass at -20. I still don’t believe I got two bad bars, but I did get them from the same store. It sounds good most of the time but certain notes just make that noise. 

Hello JUSTBENWILD,

That is very unusual. I will attempt to reproduce the effect here and get back to you. Does the sound occur regardless of what movie or source? Are you able to provide and example for us to test (like Jurassic World @ 43:58)?

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

They best way to  reproduce the noise/sound I’m hearing is to hit the Alexa button without it being set up and that’s what I’m talking about. Listen it must be a charter of this sound bar because I returned my 2nd one Best Buy and ordered a 3rd from Bose.com and same issue. 

Hello JUSTBENWILD,

Thanks for the reply.

I can confirm that we tried two different Soundbar 700's and could not reproduce what you're describing.

We invite other community members to share their experiences. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Then what should I do because this is so frustrating. I’ve been through three bars. If you hit the small circle without setting up Alexa it just makes a odd tone and kinda get a rattle or shake out of both bass ports. I don’t believe I got three bad sound bars.
Audible Advocate

Same dull sound. I have no Alexa support in Switzerland.