Cabinjm12
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Inherited Soundbar 500 wont connect to app (no remote)

I recently got a already setup Soundbar 500 and I’m not able to set it up using the Music app. Everything I’ve read says to reset it using the remote. Well it didn’t come with one! How can I reset the Soundbar without a remote? Or connect to the app even though it has been previously setup? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Inherited Soundbar 500 wont connect to app (no remote)

Hello Cabinjm12, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty setting up your Soundbar 500.

As the soundbar has previously been used, you will need the remote to enable setup mode and or factory reset the soundbar. I would recommend giving us a call and we will be more than to put an order through for you.

Alternatively, to use your Soundbar 500 temporarily, I would recommend connecting it to your internet via an ethernet cable. Then, you will be able to find the soundbar on the Bose Music app.and have some functionality. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

If you have any questions or any problems whilst doing this, do let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.