Highlighted
djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Is AirPlay 2 working as expected?

Hey guys, I'm very curious if AirPlay 2 is working like expected? Currently I dont own a Smarthome Speaker, only Soundtouch, thats why Im asking. 

Is the multoroom in sync with like for instance the homepod or other AirPlay 2 enabled devices? And how about the HomeKit integration? Can you tell siri to play Music and switch the Speaker On/Off in the Home app?

Thanks in advnce 🙂

1 REPLY 1
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Is AirPlay 2 working as expected?

@djbazztek wrote:

Hey guys, I'm very curious if AirPlay 2 is working like expected? Currently I dont own a Smarthome Speaker, only Soundtouch, thats why Im asking. 

Is the multoroom in sync with like for instance the homepod or other AirPlay 2 enabled devices? And how about the HomeKit integration? Can you tell siri to play Music and switch the Speaker On/Off in the Home app?

Thanks in advnce 🙂

Great questions. I am curious as well.

My experience with Airplay v1 Bose and B and W was not very good. Airplay always seemed to work best with Apple devices like Airport Express. 

My experience with Airplay 2 (on iOS) when it was first released a few months ago was a little sketchy using iOS and Airport Express. After a few months Airplay 2 seems to have settled down. Again that is with Airport Express and Aux input on my SoundTouch speakers.

I will be curious how this rollout will work on non Apple devices like SoundTouch. I won’t be selling my AirPort Express(s) for a while to be sure.

Interesting question about using Airplay 2, SoundTouch speakers and Apple speakers and HomeKit.