Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Is unplugging the soundbar fine?

Hi there, 

sorry for what appears a dumb question but I need some clarification. Yesterday I've installed my first bose soundbar 500. I'm used to unplug everytime my devices when not in use, but I've noticed there's no really a turn off option on it before doing so, just a stand by mode. So basically what I'm doing now, when I've finished using it, is unplugging it together with the other devices without even sending it to a stand by mode. Is this a fine method or a damage is at risk? Like for Alexa I always fear unplugging it means unplugging a device which is currently working and could mess things up. Thank you for any advice 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Is unplugging the soundbar fine?

Hello PerfoAR, 

Thanks for posting in the forums. 

There should be no damage done to the speaker when unplugging it when it is in standby mode. However, it may cause issues with the Wifi connection over time. You may need to take extra steps in the future such as resetting the speaker and reconnecting to the Wifi, but nothing major. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

How do I know for sure if the soundbar and all the units connected to it such the bass and the surround speakers are in stand by? 

Thanks again 

Highlighted

Hey PerfoAR,

Thanks for reaching back out. 

The best and easiest way to test this would be to play audio through the system and listen to see if it is coming out of the connected devices. 

You could also have a look within the Bose Music App. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.