Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Keep wireless speakers connected thru airplay2

Is there a way to keep wireless speakers connected thru airplay2 without having to reconnect every speaker again every single time I use it? Even if I pause for a few minutes they drop off and I have to reconnect every speaker again.

iPhone XR using Airplay2 to several Bose multi room wireless speakers

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Keep wireless speakers connected thru airplay2

Hello MGray, 

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to do what I can to help!

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

You should not have to re-initiate a connection after pausing your audio. So lets try some troubleshooting!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

I have 2 Bose Home Speaker 500s and 1 Bose Portable Home Speaker.

They stay connected while playing from my iPhone XR, but if I pause for more than a few minutes they all disconnect and I have to reconnect them all again.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that MGray!

When you have noticed the groups splitting after a few minutes, do you usually leave them for more than 20 minutes before starting to play to them again?

The Home Speaker 500s will automatically go into standby after 20 minutes of inactivity, so if you are leaving them for longer than that, they will need waking back up before you can use them with Airplay which would explain why you need to recreate the groups.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!