Atlantis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2016

Re: Rear speakers problem

Dear Bose,

Is there a possible way to revert back to the previous firmware?

The crackling noise is quite annoying.
Reverting back to previous firmware would be a nice solution until the crackling noise is solved in firmware 4.0.8
Highlighted

Hello Atlantis,

It is not possible to revert back to the previous firmware as of yet but I can assure you that our engineering team is working extra hard to find the route of this cause to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. 

We have a few other troubleshooting steps we would like everybody to try and feedback the results. 

• Turn 5.1 off on the TV sound settings
  • Turn Dialogue mode on and then back off from the Bose Music App
  • Adjust the Bass and Treble from the Bose Music App. 

We look forward to hearing back from customers experiencing this issue so that we can gather as much information as possible and bring you a solution. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Atlantis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2016

Hi Charlotte,

I appreciate that the engineering team is trying hard to find the root cause and solve the problem.

I disagree on the fact that Bose keeps asking their customers to try several ways to overcome the issue.
We already provided a way and a description to Bose how to reproduce the issue. Some customers even did provide Bose instructions and short recordings how to reproduce the issue.
I think it is up to Bose now to fix the problem as soon as possible.

I hope the Bose engineering team understands.
Again I appreciate all the time that the team is putting into this to solve the problem

Hello Atlantis,

I completely understand your frustrations and we really appreciate the feedback we have already been given. 

It is essential that we ask all customers with this issue these questions because each setup can be unique and vary. This can be things like different TVs, media sources, physical arrangements etc. Gathering as much information as possible, and potential temporary fixes can assist the engineering team in finding the route of the problem and therefore providing a solution as quickly as possible for you all. 

Again, we really appreciate your patience. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

I agree it’s just the right rear speaker that’s doing it for all of us though since the latest firmware I think it’s a bass issue to be honest as it’s being diverted to the rear speakers which the sub should only handle and I have an LG OLED B7
Felicio
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I am experiencing the same issue since last firmware update yesterday. I own a Bose Soundbar 500 stand-alone, no bass module neither rear speakers. Like other users, right side crakling noise occurs when broadcasting Dolby 5.1 media only. (posting from Italy)

Atlantis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2016

Hi Charlotte,

I tried all three steps.

Changing tv output to stereo helps. The crackling sound is gone. Turning it back to DD5.1 the crackling sound exists again.

Turning ON/OFF Dialogue mode in DD5.1 doesn't help. In both cases the crackling noise still exist.

Changing Bass and Treble doesn't help. Crackling noise still exists. (Reduced them both to -100)

I only have the Soundbar 700 and Bass module 700. The crackling sound is coming from the right front of the Soundbar.

Hello Atlantis,

Thank you very much for that information, this really helps. 

We will be sure to keep you updated!

Have a great day.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I believe this could be a bass issue being diverted to the rear speakers when it should all go to the sub but yeah the crackling only occurs in the right rear speaker and I’ve tried everything even resetting

Regards

Michael
Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

This is terrible. I just noticed this yesterday as well. I was ready to strike my speaker. I am so surprised that every time technology advances we take a step backwards in ruining something so simple as speaker sound.

I love my Bose product but they really need to step up their game on the software development side. This is just bad. First time Bose owner and possibly the last time.