Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Re: Rear speakers problem

Just did the test. Amazon Music works perfect and I get no issues from the rear right speaker. It is definitely a software issue.... 😞
Jan1234
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I have the same problem here...😒
tobiwittmann
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Same problem with the rear right speaker when watching movies that use Dolby 5.1 on Amazon Fire TV Stick. Stereo content is not a problem.

Soundbar 700 + Bass module + Surround speakers

Sony KD-65xf9005

Connected via HDMI ARC

@bose: Please hurry to work on this and provide a firmware update. Costumers spending a huge amount of money expect not to be beta testers for a poor firmware.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue with the right surround channel (note: channel, not explicitly speaker!) since the latest firmware update (4.0.8). There is a crackling/static noise as soon as there is sound output.

Spend 1 1/2 hours to track the issue down without a fix so my conclusion is like all the other guys here that it's a problem with the latest firmware update.

My setup:

• Samsung Q9FN
  • Bose Soundbar 700
  • Bose Bass Module 700
  • Bose Surround Speakers

I tried the following to no avail:

• Switch L/R rear speakers to check if it's a problem with the speaker itself
  • Switch L/R wireless connection box to check if it's a problem with the wireless connection (i.e. interferences)
  • Tried another HDMI cable
  • Tried optical audio instead of HDMI
  • Reboot the Soundbar 700
  • Check for latest software updates for the TV, Bose Music app and Soundbar 700

Then I deactivated the surround speakers manually via the Bose Music app only to discover that the crackling/static noise still is present even when outputting a 5.1 signal only via the Soundbar 700. It didn't matter which source provided the 5.1 input whether it be Netflix on my Samsung TV or my Xbox One X.

Only when I manually set my TV or Xbox to Stereo the crackling/static noise disappeared. So the issue seems definitely on a firmware/software level.

Bose that is not only highly annoying, but also nothing less than embarassing for such a premium product with a premium price. There is just so much hassle with things like PCM output not correctly working with Nintendo Switch, the backlight of the Bose universal remote which shuts down only after 2 seconds or the missing sound volume indicator whether it be on-screen or via the Soundbar itself.

I love the design of the devices and the sound itself is awesome, but all of the issues mentioned above are a massive disappointment.

dham84
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I am experiencing the same issue on the right channel audio. However I do not have a Bass Module nor Surround Speakers, only the Bose 700 Soundbar.

I started noticing it whille watching a series from Amazon Prime (UK) using the built in App on my LG TV.

Soundbar is connected via HDMI ARC to the TV.

Restart and unplug did not help.

I have Firmware Version 4.0.8-6566+a79e183 and Google Assistant activated.

Hopefully there's a fix coming soon.

Thanks!

Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

I am not having the problem. I have a SB700 only (fw: 4.0.8). Connected with HDMI ARC via a Philips TV (output: multichannel). Netflix 5.1 with the build-in app no crackling sounds, also not with my PS4 (DTS) or Spotify Connect.

I hope it stays this way. All the complaints don't forecast any good.

Admins: Can you tell what the fixes are in the new 1.7.3 app?

MartyTannen81
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Bose Soundbar 700 and Surround Speakers - crackling sound right channel after update

Hello everyone!

Since two days I have a problem with the soundbar 700 and the surround speakers. I noticed it during the game of thrones intro. Suddenly the right surround speaker began to make a creckeling sound during the Music. I tried everything afterwards, it's definitely not the speaker and not the cables. I reinstalled the system, re-initialized adapt iq, changed the speakers, changed the cables, etc. The problem only occurs when the right channel is being played. The problem doesn't seem to be just me, see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/bs2qpd/bose_700vir_invisible_speakers_crackling/

If I switch both channels to the left at the surround speaker station, the problem is gone, but then the sound from the left channel comes from both speakers. Even if you change the speakers and the channels, the problem can be heard with the speaker that previously worked perfectly with the left channel. But if you switch from left to right, this speaker also starts to crackle. The problem only occurs with movies on Sky, Netflix etc., not with music.

I also have the latest app update from yesterday, no changes. I'm asking for help!

Highlighted
MartyTannen81
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Same Problem here!

And no change after app update from yesterday!

My Post: 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Bose-Soundbar-700-and-Surround-Speakers-crackling-sound-rig...

werdna_C
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

BOSE... 

this is an absolule joke. Again I have to stress that the only function that i expect to be reliable is the sound!  

If i wanted Alexa and Google to talk to about the weather i would have purchased a speaker for £50 !!

I'd like to know... PLAN, PROGRESS update plese. This can not be an open ended engineering issue. 

This issue is being reported for the last 3days.... and now its clear there is alot of us in this boat. 

WHY havent you pulled the 4.08 firmware and reverted back to the previous version? 

IF we are not going back to the old firmware... WHEN will a new firmware be pushed out. IF the new firmware is not out in the next few days, then I'm sorry but you need to put us all back to the older firmware. 

Also... as one of the other guys just said, the BOSE app update, considering we have no Change-Log info on this... is this part of the solution or not.  

Hello Commuity,

I would very much like to thank you all for your updates from these troubleshooting steps.

We appreciate your patience at this time, we are working diligently to get this issue fixed and is placed at a high priority. 

Please continue to update us, we want to get this resolved for everyone and we thoroughly appreciate everyone's input. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M