tobiwittmann
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 and Surround Speakers - crackling sound right channel after update

The procedure does not change anything. The problem stays as soon as 5.1 is turned on again.

Fire TV stick > HDMI cable > Sony TV > HDMI cable > Soundbar 700

I wonder why the users' feedback is needed. I am sure the issue can be reproduced easily in many configurations. E.g. I hear it every time with the Bosch title song (Amazon series) on my Fire TV stick.

mark.s1707@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

I just spent £1700 buying the Bose 700 sound bar, 700 bass module and rear surround speakers. Me and the wife have our same seats we sit in on a daily basis. Me on the left and her on the right. She kept saying here rear speaker next to her on the right was crackling and I just assumed it was just normal. We swooped seats tonight so I can have a listen and the crackling is terrible. I'm extremely disappointed to hear such bad sound coming from such a pricey sound system. Can you tell me if this is something that will be sorted? If not then the lot is going back to PC world and I will get a full refund.
Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 and Surround Speakers - crackling sound right channel after update

Mine is: LG OLED B7 -HDMI ARC - SoundBar

And I still get the crackling in the right rear surround speaker
abxwy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I am having the same issue as well, the crackling/static noise started to happen after the latest firmware update. 

Bose Employees: Clearly this is a software related issue that is affecting many users, you have basically said as much vaguely in your replies. Please stop wasting peoples time with senseless troubleshooting tasks such as resets/toggling inputs. This issue is caused by the lack of bug testing on the part of Bose and renders my entertainment system useless as it is extremely uncomfortable to sit with a constant buzz in the right channel. This has made the process of watching anything on my TV infuriating. End users of a "premium" products should not be required to work out bugs and waste time due to a lack of knowledge by the manufacturer and an ill tested firmware upgrade. 

If this issue is not resolved within a week I will be returning my sound system. Bose has basically bricked it with the last update. I have recorded video/audio of the distortion should I receive any pushback. Hopefully people post reviews of this product online documenting this issue so buyers can beware. 

And no, I will not be performing another factory reset or providing an in-depth explanation of my configuration.

Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Well said update the firmware check the info on the last dime Lear’s before this one you did to see what you have changed Bose there’s the solution we are all getting very angry at this for a premium product
Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Last firmware*
vari
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

it's horrible :(. Do you bose still think this is solved by resetting?

It's NOT. There are many people clarifying the same problem.

I'm also suffering the same problem. When I realized the crackling sound first, I thought It seemed to be casued by a wrong source video.

Fix the firmware. It is the only way to go. 

Highlighted
KFKerrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

So, fun fact: It's a holiday weekend here in the USA and I have a bunch of friends and family coming over for dinner and a movie. I'll get to demonstrate the fact we have to degrade the audio format in order to watch a movie. I think that they will be very impressed by this. I wonder how many people they will relay that impression to. I'm sure it will influence their future buying decisions. I wonder how many people they will tell.

I was just informed by Bose they do not have a way to roll back the firmware. I manage a software development team and know that this is untrue. Worst case you check in the old release as a new one to push it out. Please let us roll back the firmware, full stop. Your customers can be your best or worst representatives. I would rather say, "Bose made a mistake and owned up to it and recalled the buggy code." but currently I'll say, "I paid an over $2000 to act as Bose's QA because they have no QA environment of their own to test a demonstrably common issue." ROLLBACK THE FIRMWARE AND FIX THIS ON YOUR TIME, NOT OURS!

Oli L
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Hi Tegan,

I have experienced same crackling sound issue on Bose 700 watching Game of Thrones Season 8 via Apple TV. Issue only coming from right side of sound bar.

ashnaura
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Same issue here. Cracklings sound from rear right. Just bought the speaker. Connected and found this issue. Contemplating return unless this is fixed. Would appreciate a plan to fix.