Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 and Surround Speakers - crackling sound right channel after update

Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem since few days. The crackling sound on my right rear speaker is clearly noticeable when listening to 5.1 audio sources from Firestick (Netflix, Prime). When I watch a blue ray movie with DTS it works fine. Also normal TV runs works without crackling. Problem is that we watch almost everything from Firestick. The crackling sound is unbarable. Bose please correct this!!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

Dear Andy, Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem since few days. The crackling sound on my right rear speaker is clearly noticeable when listening to 5.1 audio sources from Firestick (Netflix, Prime). When I watch a blue ray movie with DTS it works fine. Also normal TV runs works without crackling. Problem is that we watch almost everything from Firestick.. I did follow your suggestions and unpluged the power cables but the problem persists. 

The crackling sound is unbarable. Bose you need to correct this!!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Re: Latest Firmware (4.08) broke passthrough audio

I have the same issue - crackling in the right rear speaker - started after the 4.0.8 update.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

absolutely right! 

It's a joke the buyers are supposed to be helping here. I already invested three hours of my time before I came across this thread. The system reset, all cables replaced, etc. And all this because the software team has released a very faulty software again. I am slowly losing confidence in this "premium" brand. This is about sound! And a software is released that completely destroys it and then the consumers have to help with the troubleshooting, although obviously extremely many are affected...**bleep**

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 24, 2019

There have been two additional threads created by others who have this issue: 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Soundbar-500-crackle-in-right-rear-speaker-after-4-0-8-firm...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Bose-Soundbar-700-Sound-Issue/m-p/207844#M5279

We still awaiting an ETA for rollback of the software or resolution. There should be frequent updates from the team as to the progress. Where is the urgency? Clearly, this issue is affecting many customers. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Just found this thread. Perhaps what's worse than a broken update that hasn't been fixed after several days is the fact that Bose Support are asking me to send my surround speakers back to have them replaced under warranty! They're completely unaware of the software issue, which cost me even more time until I figured out turning off the surround speakers just moved the crackling noise to the soundbar itself. I also switched cables, tried different sources etc. Such a waste of my time.

FYI setup: Soundbar 700, Bass Module 700, Surround Speakers, Samsung QLED TV, only happening with Dolby content
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

this was my first Bose product and probably the last incomprehensible that you pay so much money for something that does not work and is not resolved quickly
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

@bose

Bring back the old firmware! I cannot use my system with this crackling sound. I have to use my TV speakers like so many others. And you still roll out the new, faultily firmware and don´t go back...god hell

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I believe Bose should -and will- have to fix this FAST! Imagine all new customers who just bought rear speakers or the full system and then experience this issue. They will all return their speakers not knowing that this is not a hardware problem but a software issue...what a mess!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Same issue here. Happy to hear it isn’t a blown speaker at least.
Stop updating the firmware unless absolutely required. Just keep what works.