Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Latest Firmware (4.08) broke passthrough audio

I’m having the same issue with my soundbar 700, crackling from the right side. Resetting the power worked for one show but then came back on the next episode.

I only got it yesterday with a new TV and was looking forward to finally watching season 8 of GOT. So I’m not impressed that I had to turn the soundbar off and use the TV speakers in the end. Hopefully it gets sorted very soon or I’ll be returning it for another brand.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

You are right am gonna wait a week no longer lol
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

If you get a other brand the problem may come back because from the update bose need to fix this with a other update
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I'm not sure what they are thinking at this point, it is very disappointing. I have seen replies by their staff to other threads over the past couple of days, but nothing here. Strange, given that this is a very active thread bringing up a major issue. You would think they would at least care to respond to the customers who just purchased these units and are having issues out of box, I can see how that can be frustrating, I was excited when I received my unit. 

It would be nice to get a reply from Bose stating that they have started working on a solution and when they expect it to be fixed. I don't think that is too much to ask as 20+ individual users have brought up this issue. If someone out there is reading these replies please escalate this issue within the organization or get someone from corporate to reply. 

At this rate, it looks like we will be stuck with this for at least another week with the holiday. In the very least, reply to us and let us know what is going on. 

Edit: And not the usual we have sent it to out development team...we dont know when or if they will respond. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Apparently it’s there highest priority right now to fix this......yeah clearly
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Same here upgraded from soundtouch 300 to 700 and right rear and front cracking.might have to go back to 300 if not sort by Friday
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

So in a DM on Twitter one of their representatives responded to my inquiry/complaint about rolling back the code with this:

"I wish I was able to offer a rollback, Kenneth. I hope you can appreciate my limitations as customer support on social media. I can assure you that the dev team are fully aware of the bug, and are working to provide a fix. Google Assistant was released on the latest firmware update, so I would assume this is why they are not rolling back the firmware. As a software developer, you must know the tribulations of fixing one bug, only to potentially cause another. Not ideal at all, but also not fully impossible to avoid either."

So, because of the Google Assistant stuff, they can't separate it. I'm glad that the secondary function of the device trumps delivering the primary function of the device.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

You would think a Company of this caliber would test software in detail before rolling it out for consumers . I am so frustrated as it’s only 4 days old and the Sales guys were trying to convince me to buy the Samsung sound bar but refused because of Bose’s track record with quality and reliability. If it’s not fixed in a couple of days I want a refund and will look at something else
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Crackling sound

Bought the wireless Bose sound bar and subwoofer, is is the 700 series plus the wireless surround speakers. I bought them 3 months ago. A couple days ago a cracking, crackling, static sound is heard from one of the wireless speakers. It doesn’t do it all the time. Sound does come out of the speaker and sounds great. But then sometimes it’s a static, crackle, cracking sound. Is my speaker dead? Or connection problem?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Crackling sound

i just brought the soundbar 700 with subwoofer yesterday and i do notice sometime the cracking sound coming out from right side of the soundbar. i not sure is connection problem or due to the speaker itself. i will monitor it again for few days to see if it happend again.