NG85
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Bose virtually wireless speakers and Bose Sound Bar 700 Popping sound

Ive recently started noticing a low but noticially "popping" noise coming form the Right Rear Speaker. It seems to be more prominient during lower end notes when the subwoofer really kicks in. Oddly enough it doesnt seem to happen when playing a 4K disc from my XBOX and when switching its receiver box to Left audio the popping stops! The popping sound does happen while streaming Amazon, Netflix and while playing any game from the XBOX.

The sound bar is connected to the TV via HDMI/ARC. 

Ive tried switching out HDMI cables for a brand new one to no avail. 

Any help in regards to this is appreciated. 

atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Crackling sound

Same problem here. Have had the 700 Soundbar for 3 weeks with no issues, but tonight while watching a movie, noticed crackling from right side during lower bass scenes. Connected with Arc supplied from Bose, and reboot has not fixed.
KFKerrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Yeah, this is a whole chicken. See this thread https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Latest-Firmware-4-08-broke-passthrough-audio/td-p/207277 Then consider your options. Just saying, three weeks is under a month.

atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Thanks man, nice to see I’m not alone. Let’s hope for a quick software fix. Happy Memorial Day
Matt.kyle82@hotmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

Hi Bose.
My sound bar 700 has a crackling noise exactly like described by everyone else. $1200 speaker why is this happening. Will it effect the sound quality in the future when you fix this issue.
Highlighted
Toons114
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

As i said earlier, 3 things are expected :

To recognize officially the problem

To solve it ASAP with a firmware evolution and with a schedule date

To communicate whether this cracking is damaging or note the soundbar or the surround speaker and what is the procedure if damaging 

It  should be the minimum expected from a brand like Bose!

KimandJohan
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

Re: Latest Firmware (4.08) broke passthrough audio

Yeah, I have the same problem.

First thought that it was electrictal disturbance and that the speaker hade hit the floor.

Then when I tested change side on the connectors for the speakers, so that the rear right became rear left and the issue moved to the rear left I understood that it must be a software issue.

Hopefully this get's fixed soon.

Best regards,

Johan and Kim

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

It’s Monday morning Bose where is the fix? Don’t care if it’s the long weekend not a single monkey should be going home until they fix this critical error they caused.
Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Bose virtually wireless speakers and Bose Sound Bar 700 Popping sound

Looks like something to do with latest firmware it’s all over forums.better get fixed tomorrow’s 

@NG85 wrote:

Ive recently started noticing a low but noticially "popping" noise coming form the Right Rear Speaker. It seems to be more prominient during lower end notes when the subwoofer really kicks in. Oddly enough it doesnt seem to happen when playing a 4K disc from my XBOX and when switching its receiver box to Left audio the popping stops! The popping sound does happen while streaming Amazon, Netflix and while playing any game from the XBOX.

The sound bar is connected to the TV via HDMI/ARC. 

Ive tried switching out HDMI cables for a brand new one to no avail. 

Any help in regards to this is appreciated. 

egodro
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Same here, bought it yesterday, so it had the problem right out of the box since the updates are automatic...