Matt.kyle82@hotmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Crackling sound

Hi everyone this is another email I got back from Bose I keep asking the same questions when is it fixed etc. I keep getting the same answer.

Thank you for your recent email to Bose.

Sadly there is still no update to when the update will be sent out, but as stated in the previous email, we are aware of these issues and it is High priority to gt this resolved. Once there is a resolution it will be in the form of an update and this should fix the problem.

If you have any further questions please reply to this email or contact us on 1800 061 046.

Kind regards,

Alex

BOSE CORPORATION
Customer Service
Gm79
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

I have another problem I can’t seem to solve . Can anyone help me out please:

When switching the Bose to any other mode other than TV for example to play music via AirPlay or even with Tunin when i switch off the active source it doesn’t default back to Tv . The only way to do it it to turn the Bose off then back on.

Is this right ? I hope not. Would appreciate some assistance
PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Funnily enough Bose, you’re latest suggestion didn’t work. I’m not happy being your lab rat so please, could you replicate the issue in your own lab, fix it, send it across in an update, and let everyone know when it’s done via email (like all reputable manufacturers do) so I don’t feel like a mug more than I do not buying Sonos ? Thank you
Highlighted
Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Yesterday I was watching TV and I had to switch to my TV speakers! My TV speakers! Can’t stand the crackling. Even if you turn off the rear speakers, the crackling noise is still active through the Soundbar.
Listen, I know these are first world problems. But man, something so simple as sound and it got messed up? This is very disappointing. One would think an emergency update would have rolled by now.
budoujp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Re: Latest Firmware (4.08) broke passthrough audio

Hi Bose

Definitely it got problems from the front right channel. It is easy to reproduce the problem, just turn the "change format" to ON, add new format Dobly Digital 5.1 in the Apple TV... randomly play a 5.1 movie in Netflix, soon enough there is crackle sound coming from the right channel....

To temporally fix this problem, just TURN "Change Format" to OFF in Apple TV...

I am from Hong Kong. Please update the firmware ASAP🙏🏻

273BCB10-4FDC-4FD0-9D06-36C8FE563E1F.jpeg

Ld777
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

They only other way I know is to click the TV button on the Bose remote
Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

I can confirm as well movies played in 5.1 on the BOSE 700 right rear speaker have the crackling sound it’s as if the sound is tearing in individual scenes from heightened bass effects

BOSE any ETA yet or any updates please tell your consumers this for your own sake it’s ruining my entertainment set up
Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

We are now in the second week and this problem in not solved, althought is reported worldwide.

BOSE claims that FW rollback is impossible because of new Google assistant into last FW.

But, most of us, bought this product not for Google or Alexa (wich are not available anyway in most regions), we bought it for what BOSE always did best: the sound. And now, the sound is ruined.

Moreover, this new "improvement" (Google) is available only in US, So, now, we are here: US customers with Google assistant and broken sound and non-US customers with no sound and no Google.

So, except for some US customers, all the others are not losing anything by rolling back the FW. Now we just have broken sound devices, but with a "not available in our regions" Google assistant :(.

In this situation, I think that is reasonable that BOSE will give, to those who want, the possibility to perform a manual rollback, to the previous FW that was OK. As long as I dont have Alexa and Google, why should I keep this broken FW?

Or a worldwide rollback with the possibility of a manual update for those who desperately want Google but with the price of a ruined sound.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to vent once again in this thread. The one thing is if a mistake happens. That's ok since we're all humans after all. The other thing is communication (or the lack of it). If you present yourself as a premium brand and ask for premium prices for your products you HAVE to communicate often and with best effort possible.

So far the soundbar is broken for nearly two weeks and Bose didn't send a e-mail to it's customers nor published a KB article about it on it's website or via social media. With clear and detailed information about the issue, a timeframe about when it will be fixed and an apology.

This is the most disappointing part in all of it for me. I'm a first time customer with the Soundbar 700, Bass Module 700 and the Surround Speakers plus I got the QC 35 II. While I love the product and sound quality I now have the feeling that I made a mistake with choosing Bose if I have to fear that my devices will get broken with a software update and afterwards Bose not only asks me to troubleshoot it (!), but also letting me wait weeks to provide a solution.

That is truly embarassing as well as frightening. With this situation I have to reconsider not only my purchase, but also if I ever will recommend Bose to anyone else.

cgsitr0629
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

Having the same issue - Bose 700/Samsung TV.  Spoke for hours with Bose Customer Service two nights ago and he didn't know about this issue.  His only fix was to change from Dolby Digital to PCM.  What a terrible solution.  Had a conversation with Samsung to make sure this wasn't an issue with the TV. After factory resets of everything (PITA) problem persisted.  I had another conversation with Bose Customer Service last night and they noted this issue was a firmware problem that was being worked on. Don't understand why this firmware update can't be backed out.