Highlighted
DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Latest Firmware (4.08) broke passthrough audio

We paid way too much money to have to put up with this.
Foggy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Well, things start to be hotter and hotter.
Wcelton
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

I’ve had this problem as well. Crackling from the right side of the sound bar when bass is playing. It would seem it has something to do with Dolby Digital sound coming from the tv to the sound bar. I’ve switched the tv sound output to Dts NEO and it seems to have corrected it, but some sounds are a touch off.
ahh10000
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Going on more than two weeks now. The only solution I found was to have my tv constantly on the burning fireplace channel so that people can’t tell if my sound system is crap or it’s the burning log on the tv. What a joke.
Dieter1993
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Sad story is I got my bose a couple of weeks ago and only enjoy it for a week or 2 now am waiting almost 3 weeks for a fix is this really gonna take months for a fix ? Really this is working on my nervs people did almost pay 2k for this and they it up with a single update and never Care about it bose !!! People are working there off to pay this and you it up with a single update and just continue? Be proud about really [Moderator edit]

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

We can do without the profanity.

ashnaura
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Team Bose,

Could you please share some update on the estimated time for this fix? I’m within my return window and will be looking to return shortly if the fix doesn’t come in soon. There are other Atmos sound bars I was contemplating before opting for this one. Response would be much appreciated. On the other hand, if you could roll back the firmware to the previous one for me, I would prefer it to any additional feature that the current firmware version brings. At least the core functionality wouldn’t be broken.

Awaiting response.
stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@Dieter1993 wrote:
Sad story is I got my bose a couple of weeks ago and only enjoy it for a week or 2 now am waiting almost 3 weeks for a fix is this really gonna take months for a fix ? Really this is working on my nervs people did almost pay 2k for this and they it up with a single update and never Care about it bose !!! People are working there off to pay this and you it up with a single update and just continue? Be proud about really [Moderator edit]

I'd maybe suggest you box it all back up and return it while you can, at least look to get some compensation/discount if you're within your 30 days.

Good software development cycles should allow for rollbacks or quick CI/CD fixes!!

Come on Bose, at least give the many of us an update. All we hear is engineering is working on a fix, and we hear that excuse for every issue/request.

Cheers

-Stu

Dieter1993
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Gues what they send me me warning for me previously text that whas really fast or somebody just reported me I already know who it is but really I don't care go ahead ban me if you wanna be there Muppet be it sending warnings is the only thing you can do but fixes nope lol banning angry customers yeeeea that's better