Foggy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

I emailed support and didn’t get a response. I also posted on the forum the following day (I think) so I don’t know if the community admins actually intercepted the original support email.

I’m considering wiresharking the Bose update server and blocking it on my router. No unexpected updates that way.

fra71195
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Hello guys, the update will be released on June 6, 2019

Mr-Ernest
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Source?
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi all,

We're happy to let you all know that firmware update, 4.0.9, has been released today. You can read more information from the thread HERE

As noted in the thread, this update will process automatically between the hours of 2:00 AM – 5:00 AM local time. It may take 24-48 hours to receive the update. There is no way to force this update immediately. 

We'd like to thank you all for your continued patience. 

Kindest,

Andy B

Pete shelton
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Great news thank you , if this happens again will you be working on a way for the music app to have a option to roll back firmware.
DandG
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Great news - thanks

When will the manual update file be updated?

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Let's see first if the new FW solves the problem and how. Hope they didn't compromise or mess something else.

After last 2 weeks problems and considering that my system is brand new, is hard to me to be very optimistic, so I expect BOSE to convince me I am wrong :).

Highlighted
Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Hi. Thank you so much for this. I had faith in you guys. How do I force my unit to update? I was not able to wake up between 2-5 am in order to have the BOSE Soundbar download the update.

I apologize but this does not make sense. With all due respect we should be able to force the system to update, what do we do now?
Gm79
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

That's great news. I do hope this solves the issue though.

As far as I am aware @Bubbaloo you can not force or manually update the system. Providing you have the system connected to WiFi it will auto update at some stage . Well I hope this is the case as mine is still running on 4.0.8

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Thanks. This is very unfortunate. I still have 4.0.8. Fun.