werdna_C
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

Thank you BOSE.

I fully understand everyone’s frustrations. As I was one of the first to report on this.
Anyways I have to say Im happy to wait a few days to make sure you’ve tested things properly! 2 weeks for a firmware update is fine. My only criticism is you should have given an approx time line, even if it was 1-2 weeks or something.

Just on the firmware update. I’m in the UK. No time to test today before work, but I checked and the system successfully updated to 4.09 overnight.

Hello Everyone,

We are very glad to hear that the update is proving to work on your systems. For those who are still waiting for the update to appear please remember this may take up to 48 hours to take place, we recommend that you keep your soundbar connected to the internet and idle whilst this update takes place.

We thoroughly appreciate your patience at this time and are glad to hear that this update has proven to provide improvements to your systems.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

KFKerrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I got mine to update by unplugging it for 1 min and plugging it back in. All cases that caused the crackle are resolved in my case. I still have concerns over Bose's lack of backout plan in the event of an issue and inability to opt out of firmware updates. If I could, I would have returned this device so, this behavior will affect my future buying decisions. I'll look into rigging my firewall to control updating in the future now that it is working.

abuehler
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Hi Tegan M,
is there some overview which issues got resolved, or features added, in which firmware?
I’d like to know whenever the firmware is updated so I can use those new features 🙂

Thank you!
Andreas
Toons114
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Firmware 4.0.9

Still no communication if Firmware 4.0.8 has potentially damaged the systems  .... (soundbar or sourround) with this cracking on speakers.

And if so the procedure to exchange and get repaired

Lack of full communication and professionalism answer on this kind of subject due to the contention of Bose as premium sounc company 

Highlighted
Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Re: Crackling sound

Firmware update was released. Just let your system update automatically overnight and I’ve heard the problem is gone. Haven’t tried it myself as mine updated today but I’m at work already so I’ll be checking tonight.
Coolmike94
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2019

I’m in the uk as well I updated this morning but it’s still saying 4.08 for me how have you got 4.9

Hello @abuehler

You can find all information regarding the changes made within the 4.0.9 Firmware update in this post HERE.

Also, @Toons114 I thoroughly appreciate your concerns regarding your speaker system during this time. I can assure you that no hardware damage will have been made to your speakers during this time and the 4.0.9 Firmware update will resolve the issue in which you have experienced. 

I hope this information helps!

Tegan M 

AdriaanG
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

New update seems to work fine. Was very apparent with Chernobyl seems to be gone now

Will Woods
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

I have had the same crackling issue. Saw that my subwoofer had disconnected off my network and the light does not flash when unplugged and back in to try and get it to reconnect. So my attempted a factory reset and now I can't connect to the soundbar!!!!
This is beyond a joke. I do not have the time to be dealing with this.
I am intending to return everything (sound bar, subwoofer and surround speakers).
Can I still do this if I don't have the boxes?
For my job I see 40+ different people a day and frequently get asked how I am going - I will not hold back regarding the experience I have had.