scarfolio
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Lights Blinking on 700 Remote

I have paired my 700 remote to successfully operate my TV, Xfinity, and 700 sounder. All works well.

However, as the lights on the remote turn off after using, the 4 colored lights (not sure what to call them) flash a couple times quickly. This just started yesterday, driving me nuts.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lights Blinking on 700 Remote

Hello scarfolio,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your Soundbar 700 Universal Remote. I can absolutely understand why this may be annoying. 

My advice to begin would be removing the batteries and re-inserting them. Then remove the pairing from the remote and re-pair to the system. To do this, please follow these steps:

• On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  • In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner. If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon 
     in the upper-left corner, select the soundbar, then tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner.
  • Select Settings.
  • Under the Universal Remote heading, select Advanced then select Pair New Remote. The soundbar will begin searching for the remote.
  • A battery will need to be removed and reinserted into the remote.
  • Once the remote is found, tap the Continue to complete the pairing process.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Highlighted
scarfolio
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion.

Replacing the batteries with new ones did the trick. 

Hello scarfolio, 

We are so glad that the steps worked. 

Please, can you mark Charlotte's response as the accepted solution to help other users? 

Let us know if you need help again in the future. 

Many thanks, 

Vicky W