mcella5150
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Low Battery Indication

Just a quick setup overview here. Im currently running the Bose Sound-bar 500 along with the Bass Module 500 and the wireless rear speakers 500 all controlled by the Bose Universal remote (otherwise known as the Bose 700 remote). This is all connected to a Samsung Q60 tv. 

I'm trying to figure out how to tell when the batteries are going low in my Bose universal remote? It has been a short minute since I last replaced the batteries and Im starting to notice that when I turn on my TV with the remote, the 'Red, Green, Yellow and Blue' buttons flash once before the remote goes dark. I'm wondering if that is an indication of the batteries going low? If not, can you tell me what it is? 

I have one other question too. Does anyone else have to press the the TV button (the button between the music and bluetooth) twice in order for the remote to control the TV? I press it once and the TV turns on, then I have to press it again in order to operate the TV. Is that normal? I don't remember having to do that before is why I ask. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Low Battery Indication

Author Accepted Answer selected by mcella5150

Hi mcella51590,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

The pattern of 4 colored lights blinking you are describing on your remote is indicating that the battery is getting low and will need changing soon. You can find a full list of what the blinking patterns mean on our website HERE if you ever need to know what the remote or soundbar is trying to tell you.

It's likely that changing the batteries will stop you from needing to press the TV button twice to control the TV from the remote, so I would definitely recommend changing the batteries over soon. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by mcella5150

Hi mcella51590,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

The pattern of 4 colored lights blinking you are describing on your remote is indicating that the battery is getting low and will need changing soon. You can find a full list of what the blinking patterns mean on our website HERE if you ever need to know what the remote or soundbar is trying to tell you.

It's likely that changing the batteries will stop you from needing to press the TV button twice to control the TV from the remote, so I would definitely recommend changing the batteries over soon. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

mcella5150
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Perfect! Thanks for the confirmation.