Highlighted
DubCity
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Major Spotify Volume Glitch

When you are in the Bose Music App, the volume slider randomly jumps around when changing the volume (if Spotify is open in the background on your phone). 

This is iOS 13. *Must be playing a Spotify song within the Bose Music App.* 

Try it for yourself: Run the Bose music app and you’ll see the volume slider functions normally. The second you open the Spotify app it will ruin the volume slider in the Bose Music App.

If you want to restore normal functionality, the Spotify app must be fully closed, and cannot be running even in the iPhone background. 

5 REPLIES 5
DubCity
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Major Spotify Volume Glitch

Did anybody try this yet? 

Highlighted

Hello DubCity,

Thanks for your post!

I am sorry that you are having problems with the Spotify volume in the Bose Music app.

Could you please confirm which version of iOS 13 you are running?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
DubCity
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Latest version 13.1.3

The problem is very easy to replicate and you should be able to see what I’m talking about. 

Highlighted

Hello DubCity, 

Thanks for getting back to us. I have just tried this with multiple speakers on the Bose Music app and was unable to replicate this issue fully. I was only able to create a slight lag when adjusting the volume between the two. 

I was using IOS 13.1.3 and used multiple songs on Spotify and then opened the Spotify app in the background. 

Versions: 

• Spotify: 8.5.28.1046
  • Bose Music app: 2.4.4
  • Portable Home Speaker: 2.0.10

Being a third-party application that is connecting to the Bose speaker, Spotify may be attempting to, or successfully managing to, connect via Spotify Connect to the speaker. This may cause a conflict of audio volume levels from two competing sources

If anyone else has any thoughts, I would love to hear from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Noam1984
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2017

Same issue here with Sound Touch 300 and IOS 13.

this is a critical bug following a huge bug on last SW update where random hangups of communication occurred with the Spotify app.

truly disappointed! Two of the major companies  in there market.

please support ASAP!