Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Managing input on Bose 500 soundbar

Quoting a post opened for Bose 700 Soundbar, I'm posting here the proposal for an update on Bose firmware e and app:

In order to extend the ability to manage at the best the switching between devices you can:

- update the app and soundbar firmware to let it automatically change the input with the priority set in the app

- introduce a new option in the app to let user select the priority of input source

For example, if a user set TV input as priority (I guess most of users would select this), the soundbar can change the input to TV automatically whenever there is audio signal coming from HDMI. If there is no audio signal coming from HDMI, the soundbar can stay at the latest input source.

Waiting for your feedback

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Managing input on Bose 500 soundbar

Hey there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I will pass this information on to our team for review. 

Thanks for your suggestion and feedback. If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Any news in this? Is an ETA available on this feature requested?

Highlighted

Hey Alberto!

It's difficult for us to provide an ETA for when a feature such as what you've explained will be integrated into the app. However, my best advice would be to stay up-to-date with the Community and our socials to ensure you know about any firmware releases as soon as possible!

Please let me know if you have any other queries regarding your system.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.