Highlighted
superboom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Manual update of soundbar 700

Does this work?  https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/updating-your-soundbar-700.html

The http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html does not launch in Chrome and Safari

In Safari it says

Safari can’t open this page “203.0.113.1:17008/update.html” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding

In chrome it says

This site can’t be reached

203.0.113.1 took too long to respond. Search Google for 203 113 17008 update ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Manual update of soundbar 700

Hello Superboom, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems manually updating your Soundbar 700. 

I can confirm that the link you have provided is the recommend instruction for updating your Soundbar.

I would like to check whether or not there is an update currently available for your speaker. Can you please confirm for us what the current firmware version is of your speaker? You can find this in the Bose Music App under 'Product Details' 

Do let us know, we would love to do what we can to help. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

superboom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

The firmware version is 5.0.14.7264+5d50672

Hi Superboom, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

The latest software version for your Soundbar is 6.0.15 and this was released internationally over the last few days. Can you please confirm the region that you are currently located in? 

You may be able to force an update to the Soundbar by pressing and holding the Music Button that is to the left of the TV button for 10 seconds. The LED indicator will move right to left if it was able to find an update and will download this. 

Please update me on the answer to my question and the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

David42
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Hello,

Are there release notes for v6.0.15 firmware for Soundbar 700?

Hello David42, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

Yes, there are you can find them on the Smart Speaker Firmware Update thread here

If you have any questions about this update please post on that thread 😊

Kind Regards, 

Hector B