Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Manual update of soundbar 700

Does this work?  https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/updating-your-soundbar-700.html

The http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html does not launch in Chrome and Safari

In Safari it says

Safari can’t open this page “203.0.113.1:17008/update.html” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding

In chrome it says

This site can’t be reached

203.0.113.1 took too long to respond. Search Google for 203 113 17008 update ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Manual update of soundbar 700

Hello Superboom, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems manually updating your Soundbar 700. 

I can confirm that the link you have provided is the recommend instruction for updating your Soundbar.

I would like to check whether or not there is an update currently available for your speaker. Can you please confirm for us what the current firmware version is of your speaker? You can find this in the Bose Music App under 'Product Details' 

Do let us know, we would love to do what we can to help. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

The firmware version is 5.0.14.7264+5d50672

Highlighted

Hi Superboom, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

The latest software version for your Soundbar is 6.0.15 and this was released internationally over the last few days. Can you please confirm the region that you are currently located in? 

You may be able to force an update to the Soundbar by pressing and holding the Music Button that is to the left of the TV button for 10 seconds. The LED indicator will move right to left if it was able to find an update and will download this. 

Please update me on the answer to my question and the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Hello,

Are there release notes for v6.0.15 firmware for Soundbar 700?

Highlighted

Hello David42, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

Yes, there are you can find them on the Smart Speaker Firmware Update thread here

If you have any questions about this update please post on that thread 😊

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Hector_B @Tegan_M Can you answer the original question of @David42  ?

The procedure described in the link above doesn't work. How can the computer reach http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html  ? This is not a valid IP address ?

I tried to follow the instruction but I get the same error. (Press bluetooth + skip back for five second)

Can we get the updated instruction to enter service mode, and manual force the update of the firmware?

Has this procedure changed ? 

Highlighted

Hey ThierryB, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Please see the release notes for 6.0.15 HERE

I am sorry that the URL is not working, I have flagged this with the relevant team. In the meantime, to manually push an update to the Soundbar 700:

• Press and hold the 'Music' button on the remote for 10 seconds. 
  • If an update is available, a white light will scroll across the light bar while it is updating. Once complete, the soundbar will reboot.
  • If no update is available, the product will reboot without any scrolling light bar activity.

Please do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Updated the SonyTV firmware to the latest and then restored to factory settings. On the AppleTV 4K, the tvOS was updated to the latest version and was then reset.

Thanks, Soundbar 700 firmware was updated to 6.0.15 and then reset it. Everything seems to working as it should the last three days, didn't have to reset the soundbar 700 everyday like before.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Hello!

I've bought new bose soundbar 700 speaker and since the beginning it is tries to update firmware (light is moving from right to left for 12 hours). Bose Music app can see the bar, however, it couldn't control it because it is blocked by the neverending software update.

I have tried to:

1) reboot bar (by removing the power cord for 30 seconds)

2) reset bar (by pressing power+scroll forward button)

3) follow instruction to update it manually (doesn't work)

4) delete Bose Music app and reinstall it

Please help me.