Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Mesh network and sound bar 700 and homespeaker 500

Hi guys!

ill give you a bit of background to my current setup.

i currently have a sound bar 700 and homespeaker 500.

The sound bar 700 is wired into the router via the ethernet, the homespeaker 500 is on WiFi.

I have a TP-Link link booster (AV-500 I think) and the homespeaker 500 can sometimes loose connection if I try to play music through (using Spotify or the Bose music app) the two speakers together at the same time. (Turning the homespeaker 500 off and on normally works)

I know a TP-Link creates ‘another’ network using the same SSID and password. Which seems seamless to phones and tablets etc. But as mentioned above it causes the homespeaker to be unavailable on the app depending where I am sitting in my house. (Or turn it off and on)

Now, I have been looking into mesh networks and wonder if these speakers would be more stable using a mesh network rather than a TP-Link. I think my TP-Link is also breaking down as the speeds are degrading on it. 

Would a mesh network resolve this? I am looking into the eero mesh network.

i hope I have made myself clear.

regards 

Ryan

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Re: Mesh network and sound bar 700 and homespeaker 500

We have got 2 Eero setup and it works perfectly fine if that helps. 

Soundbar is connected via Wifi. 

Before that, I had Dlink Dual Band router and it was working fine. (connected via Wifi)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Re: Mesh network and sound bar 700 and homespeaker 500

Thanks for information, I am hoping to purchase eero soon. Fingers crossed it works as intended