John1023
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Multiple Home Speaker 500s

My family got my Dad a Home Speaker 500 for his birthday and we set it up in his garage. He loved it so much that he got a second one for my Mom to use inside the house, replacing an older stereo system. I'm struggling to get the second speaker to connect to his Bose app, even thought I can see the "add a device" option. I know we've got to add the second speaker, and then pair with Alexa, but now I'm wondering if the speakers have the functionality to play different music at the same time if they're set up this way? Ideally, my Dad would be able to play his speaker outside and my Mom would be able to play hers (different music) inside. Is this even possible? I spent all afternoon trying to set up the second speaker without any luck. They primarily use Amazon music and/or Spotify/iHeartRadio. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Multiple Home Speaker 500s

Hi @John1023,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for any trouble you've had hooking up your Home Speaker 500 systems to the Bose Music app - I'll be happy to clear things up for you.

The issue that you're likely having with the second speaker not connecting is that it isn't in setup mode. To do this, press and hold the AUX and Play/Pause buttons at the same time (you'll notice a countdown on the display). Once you see an amber light on the front of the system, try searching to find the speaker on the app.

When both systems are added to the Bose Music app, you'll be able to play two different sources of music at the same time, using the Bose Music app. As long as the two speakers are not grouped together, they'll be independent of each other and the music can be played separately. 

I hope this helps you!

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.