Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbearwald@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Multiple users on Bose Home Speaker 500

I am using the Bose Home Speaker 500. We currently have two people using it. The problem is that Alexa is using the name of the second person who connected with the mobile app. Is there any way to reset this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Multiple users on Bose Home Speaker 500

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi kbearwald, 

Thanks for posting. 

On the second user's account, please see this page for instructions regarding removing the account. 

If you remove the second user's Alexa account and are still unable to add your account, I recommend factory resetting the speaker, set it up as a new device, then sign in with your Alexa account first before allowing anyone else to connect to the speaker. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Multiple users on Bose Home Speaker 500

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi kbearwald, 

Thanks for posting. 

On the second user's account, please see this page for instructions regarding removing the account. 

If you remove the second user's Alexa account and are still unable to add your account, I recommend factory resetting the speaker, set it up as a new device, then sign in with your Alexa account first before allowing anyone else to connect to the speaker. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post