Tombase
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2020

Re: Music Service as Alarm on Home Speaker 500?

I need alarm with sound of BOSE!

I vote for it! It should have it, I expect it for this $$$!

It could be very simple: set alarm time, enable weekdays, chose station from presets, set volume and that's it.

Come on Bose you can do it!

Supa Nige
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2020

I am looking to replace my clock radio with the Bose 500. I simply need to wake up to my local radio station where I get the news to start my day. Fortunately, my local station is available thru iheartradio - great. But after reading all of these complaints, it seems that waking up to a radio station still isn't possible with the Bose 500. Let me know when you address this issue and I'll buy it right away.

Mbru
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

Hi Bose,

I would like to put myself on the list of highly interested people for this feature. In case the amount of people on this thread is not enough for your development team to initiate this, can you indicate whether there is a list of potential features somewhere where more people are probed for their interest?

Northern michigan
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

I too am shopping for a smart speaker to use as an alarm clock.  I want a speaker that I can set to wake me at the same time every day to my favorite news station.  I don't want to have to set the alarm every night.  I can buy a $29.99 Echo Dot to perform this task but I prefer to buy Bose.  I already own (4) Bose 500's and a Bose 700 Soundbar and I want the capability to link these smart speakers with my new "alarm clock" and you can't do this with an echo dot and a Bose.  This issue has been out there for a year already and I can't believe a $300 speaker can't perform this task when a $29.99 speaker can.  I would order a Bose $300 today if it was capable of doing this task but instead, I will keep the echo dot and save a lot of money.

JohnnyBoy928
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

This issue is exactly my problem. Wish I knew before I purchased speaker. This is a common sense feature. It's just weird!

The fact that it is still not a feature over a year later is just ridiculous! I expect much much more from bose!

jhelmer25
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

You are all correct that the Bose software development cycle is incredibly slow and frustrating. Many folks have been waiting several years for certain features that continue to be promised but not delivered.

My advice: don't hold your breath. Bose accels at hardware, but fails miserably when it comes to delivering software updates in a timely manner. They will always be behind other brands in that regard, and the gap seems to continue to grow. The support is also unhelpful, as they simply "submit feature requests" to the development team that seem to fall into a black hole.

With regards to setting a music alarm for any Bose Smart Home product, one successful workaround is to set up an Alexa Routine for a certain day & time, that plays your music choice on the selected device and music service. This works very well.

As an example, I have attached a "wake up" routine that runs at 7am every weekday, and plays my selected music choice via Spotify through my Bose Speaker 300. This works with any Bose Smart Home speaker (I have tried it on them all). I am unsure if this also works on their older SoundLink speakers, as I do not own any products from that line.

Hope you find this helpful.

Screenshot_20210103-174120_Amazon Alexa.jpg

HanSolo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

Having certain music play at different times of the day, automatically is highly desirable

ThulrVO
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2021

I, too, would love this function on my Bose 500!!! The difficulty with assistants, is you can only set it as part of a routine. Having a music alarm clock function on the Bose 500 would greatly simplify things for us end-users who simply want our music to wake & welcome us into our days.

peco
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2021

Come on Bose!!

I've just bought this stunning speaker and the only thing I miss is a music alarm!

Come on!!!

ToniZ
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2021

I assumed that since it had the Alexa capability it would be able to do the things that Alexa does...    I was wrong..