Highlighted
Jeff Okello
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

My Bose Icon

I bought one of the Bose speakers 500 set it up and used it for a week. After changing WiFi, I tried and failed to login to my Bose music app account. I did a factory reset following guidance on the Bose guide. On login to the Bose music app afterward, My Bose Icon is not appearing in the left corner of the app as mentioned. My Bose Home speaker 500 doesn’t connect to both Bluetooth and WiFi anymore. What must I do to ensure that I can login and set up my speaker? Jeff 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: My Bose Icon

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with re-setting up your Home Speaker 500. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

Can you please confirm that you followed these steps in order to factory reset your product.

• Remove the product from your Bose account. 
  • Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds to reset the product.

Are you able to connect your speaker directly to your phone via Bluetooth not using the Bose Music App?

Please let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Jeff Okello
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hi Tegan;

I have followed all the steps during the factory reset and there’s no change in the status of the speaker. 

The speaker can’t power on when connected to secure AC power source and it cannot detect Bluetooth devices. 

I will really be glad if you can help me solve this problem with my speaker. 

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for updating us regarding this. I am very sorry to hear that this issue persists. 

Have you tried connecting your speaker to another power outlet? 

Are you able to get your speaker to product audio through an AUX connection?

Please let us know, we would love to try and get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M 

Jeff Okello
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hi Tegan,

I have made several attempts to connect it to different outlet in vain. 

I also tried to connect it to my Macbook Pro through an AUX coonection and it is not producing any audio output.

Maybe there is another way to help me have it start functioning 

Anyhow I await your reply on this 

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for getting back to us, I am very sorry to hear that you are still suffering from this issue with your Home Speaker 500. 

You have stated "The speaker can’t power on when connected to secure AC power source" is there still no sign that your speaker will power on? Does anything show on the front display of your product when connected?

Have you also ensured that when connecting a product via AUX or Bluetooth you have selected this on the top display of your product?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Jeff Okello
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hi Tegan,

There is nothing that show that the speaker is powered on. The LCD display is not showing anything completely.

I follow the connection procedures in the Bose Smart Home Speaker 500 manual while doing any connectivity.

All I can feel is the heat from the base of the speaker and that makes me know that it is recieving power even though it is not showing any display.

I wish there was a way that Bose could do an automatic factory reset using the product serial number.

I await to hear from you on this again. 

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for confirming this. 

At this point, I would recommend that you contact your regions Bose product support team to look into this with you further. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will happily assist you with this matter further.

I apologise that I could not get this resolved for you via the community, but our phone agents will be happy to get this resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Tegan

Jeff Okello
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

There is one thing that I noticed whenever I logged in my bose app.

My bose icon is not avaiable on the left top corner as it is suppose to be.

Could this be the one of the sign why the Speaker can't connect to WIFI & Bluetooth?

I await your revert to this.

Jeff 

Hi Jeff Okello, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! It is very strange that you do not see this icon. 

Can you please attach an image of this? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B